New Rides Survey

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

horsesboy

professional Pantheon observer
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Just did the survey, pumped up animal attractions (don't hold your breath, I was surprised they even asked) and said an interactive dark ride. I also asked for an indoor boat ride that passes through the European countryside. I'd love to see new countries added that way. We'd end up with "Europe from the Water"! Yikes!
I talked up the zoo side of the park to for what ever good it does.

Feb 3, 2019
I would like to say that I agree with all of the above. I took the screenshot of the form as 'what I wanted to say' but that is not the actual survey I submitted. Perhaps I should have been more clear about that.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Just remember to try to take this survey seriously. as much as everyone wants to have crazy coasters and such, we should also want the parks to be around more than a couple of years.
Oh I think the parks aren't going anywhere anytime soon regardless of if they continue on a coaster building spree or not.

I think the general sentiment is that we should be constructively indicating they need to bring a focus back to the other parts including animals, flats, kiddie rides, and/or theming.

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
Has anyone selected anything other than a coaster as the thing they want to see? Wonder what that survey ends up asking.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Did it bother anyone else that one of the sliders was a preference between height and speed?

Doesn't height imply speed and speed implies some sort of height to burn off said speed.

Why was that a thing?
I'm guessing the difference between a launch and a traditional lift - VB goes relatively fast but it's still fairly low to the ground, AC goes a bit faster but is much taller.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I left my answers mostly neutral on that page - I think about it as each extreme wasn't really a polar opposite and they can each bring something to the table.

Of course, as someone who helps shape and interprets online survey data myself, neutral answers usually only help with blunting the impact of low scores.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2011
Agree with all of the above, now that I've actually read it. Height vs. speed is a terribly worded forced choice for anyone who likes tall conventional roller coasters.

Survey design makes or breaks opinion gathering initiatives...

Login or Register to Hide This Ad