Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I like the idea of covering the theater stage and seating in San Marco with some type of airy roof structure, similar to the glass roof over the Marco Polo alley. Even if it doesn't become a completely climate controlled space, keeping the rain away would be a big improvement for constant availability, and would allow for natural light to come through too.

Last edited:
I have this weird fascination with Europa Park and Efteling. They are both bucket list parks, but the indoor attractions just seem SO cool. I would love to get something close to/on that level. I am a huge fan of HHN, and my favorite houses were the original stories. There's just something about an attraction with a good backstory that has re-rideability to me.

I would also like to see a mascot. A dependable character that I can spend all my money on merch who has some sort of a major story ride in the park. Something with emotional attachment.

I can't remember what park it is, but it had an indoor Tomb Raider ride like at KD. Give us one of those. A mystery room ride? Might be rambling. Is there any safety issue with having a permanent haunt under Pompeii while the flume is operating?

Is there any safety issue with having a permanent haunt under Pompeii while the flume is operating?
If I had to guess, yes. If you’re on the ride, and happen to look, there’s a big archway that appears to lead not only under, but through the base of the building. When I’ve looked, there’s been a MASSIVE puddle. I’m guessing that’s from water that splashes out, or like how WCUSA slides where you can’t get perfectly watertight seals against flume sections.

Reactions: RocketChk
The building makes it hard to judge: does Pompeii's elevated section leak less prodigiously than Diamond Falls did?

That thing was ridiculous.

I remember reading a Dale Brumfeld article about how Intamin got them a poorly fitted-together flume track late, it was a rush construction job, and maintainence folks had to spend many hours with caulk guns attempting to seal every single hole/gap with varying degrees of effectiveness.

Given that BGW at least uses a closed chlorinated system instead of stagnant retention pond water plus that it's still operating, I'd suspect greater care was taken during construction and regular maintenance.

However, if leakage is a concern, couldn't they conceivably erect some kind of trough system to divert dropping water from any internal attractions? Also, would there be an obvious placement for a dedicated queue that won't interfere with other operations?

Reactions: Coasternerd
I think a Vekoma mad house would be a unique to the area flat ride that is also thrilling for all ages. Even elderly guests could enjoy. It could be themed incredibly well and provide a mascot for the park like was mentioned earlier. But I know we’ve also mentioned that Seas is wary of anything with SFX maintenance.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Blue line could be the queue. Cute cloud is a sign or themeing. Revenge of Pompeii, Legend of Pompeii. Bring back the empty walk through during the day, add a couple scaractors at night. Take it a back to the exploration feel, and shoot...add a scavenger hunt in that thing. I have great memories of Yogi at KD and it was nothing.

1642626681134.png

I think a Vekoma mad house would be a unique to the area flat ride that is also thrilling for all ages. Even elderly guests could enjoy. It could be themed incredibly well and provide a mascot for the park like was mentioned earlier. But I know we’ve also mentioned that Seas is wary of anything with SFX maintenance.

Thank you! This is that mystery room I mentioned.
Here is that indoor Tomb Raider ride:

Last edited:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but this would be an AWESOME replacement for Battle for Eire. The space seems similar to the simulator room and it could easily be themed to that Ireland/magic feel

I've always been a huge fan of Vekoma Madhouses and could CERTAINLY see one fitting brilliantly at BGW. They don't take up much room at all either. I don't think one has ever been built inside an existing structure, but maybe it could be made to fit into the Killarney sim building...? If not, I think building one from the ground up is totally reasonable. Six Flags Great Adventure's madehouse building looks to only be about 90x50. There are plenty of places BGW could shove a building that size probably.

Reactions: tursiops and AIR
Given that BGW at least uses a closed chlorinated system instead of stagnant retention pond water plus that it's still operating, I'd suspect greater care was taken during construction and regular maintenance.
I was largely joking about the Diamond Falls comparison.

Unless Pompeii does leak a lot, in which case I was totally serious.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Blue line could be the queue. Cute cloud is a sign or themeing. Revenge of Pompeii, Legend of Pompeii. Bring back the empty walk through during the day, add a couple scaractors at night. Take it a back to the exploration feel, and shoot...add a scavenger hunt in that thing. I have great memories of Yogi at KD and it was nothing.

View attachment 25654

Thank you! This is that mystery room I mentioned.
Here is that indoor Tomb Raider ride:

I would like to point out that Tomb Raider was actually a HUSS TopSpin. Different ride experience, but very well themed nonetheless.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad