Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 1, 2010
NC
I have not seen an official announcement on this. However, social media is indicating that Mike Fehnel is going back to Dorney Park as General Manager. Dorney General Manager Brad Marcy will be in place at Carowinds next year. I've no idea if this or good or bad, but Mike has phenomenal and we'll miss him.

This has me worried for Dorney. When I visited Dorney last month I was stunned by how well cared for it was. It was crystal clear that the people in control of the park regularly kept everything in check beautifully... Basically the polar opposite of what Carowinds feels like. The two parks couldn't possibly be more different.

My understanding on this was that Cedar Fair was somewhat disappointed with Dorney's numbers as of recent. I assumed this may have been their way of trying something new by making changes in management. But this is not based on actual fact, mere speculation.
Side note, one of the greatest things about Dorney, IMO, is the passmember entrance with early admission.

My impression was that Dorney has two problems. First, it is competing in a saturated and difficult market. Second, people are unaware of how much it has improved recently.

Reactions: Zachary
If they wanna compete with the big boys its about time to start treating Dorney like a big boy and add new rides that aren't hand-me-downs from other parks.

Hersheypark and Great Adventure are gonna continue adding bigger, badder rides. Only a matter of time before Knoebels starts catching up too.

Reactions: Zachary
netdvn said:
If they wanna compete with the big boys its about time to start treating Dorney like a big boy and add new rides that aren't hand-me-downs from other parks.

In an interview from a few months ago, Cedar Fair's CEO Matt Ouimett announced that Cedar Fair won't be transferring "hand-me-down" rides from park-to-park anymore. He correctly pointed out that if a ride is losing popularity at one park, it probably won't fare much better at a new park.

So hopefully Dorney's tradition of receiving second-hand rides will remain in the past now.

This is certainly for the best, because Dorney is a wonderful park and it deserves a new headlining attraction.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad