Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Chef Paul's Departure

Given my experiences with KD dining last year... This is really depressing news. I had been holding out hope for some actual positive change when the park finally got around to replacing Chef Paul... We certainly didn't see that last year.

EDIT: Corrected. Thanks to Joe for pointing out my misreading of Gavin's post.

Reactions: jornor

Zachary said:
Given my experiences with KD dining last year... This is really depressing news. I had been holding out hope for some actual positive change when the park finally got around to replacing Chef Paul... We certainly didn't see that last year.

EDIT: Corrected. Thanks to Joe for pointing out my misreading of Gavin's post.
I have to agree the BBQ and brew fest was just simply bad the time I went last. But one has to wonder how influences was hadif he only arrived in the summer normally planing states months in advance for that type of event so maybe we will see a change for the better this year.

Other than certain special events and perhaps items, it was never clear to me the role of exec. chef. For example, in 2015 and 2016 I had some of the best pizza at Int'l St., but only in April. By May, it was consistently oversized, undercooked slop. What are the roles of the chef, perhaps some manager trying to increase the apparent value to cost ratio, and the restaurant staff itself in these 2 modes (at least) of operation? Well, in 2017 the evidence is that Paul had something to do with the better pizza, since it didn't happen this year.

I will give them much credit for foodservices in 2017 however, simply because most better locations were consistently open, plus additional options on the dining plan. In previous years, Country Kitchen
closed an hour early most days, or wasn't open at all (although, admittedly, the chicken is far better at lunchtime). I doubt this had anything to do with the chef either.

Chef Paul overhauled several of the menus, created new eateries, introduced a full service restaurant, hosted a variety of culinary special events, and catered VIP and media events. The food truck was also his initiative.

In addition, he took an active role in identifying specific sources for ingredients. For example, he championed the introduction of local breweries.

He was not even close to finishing his overhaul, when he left, and my impression was that he had to fight for the changes he was able to make, while at the park.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad