Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 29, 2011

SeaWorld Orlando has introduced a new Brew Club with benefits including personalized steins and beer discounts.

Brew Club and its stein storage will be located at the Waterway Grill, a restaurant near the Infinity Falls raft ride.

The yearlong membership sells for $79.99, and that includes a 20-ounce stein that stays inside the theme park. Club members will be able to choose from craft brews and 20 rotating tap beers. Refills cost $5 inside Waterway Grill and other SeaWorld locations serving draft beer. (Steins cannot be refilled with bottled beer or with specialty drinks, SeaWorld said.)

Steins can be carried out of the Brew Club area and into the theme park, but they should be returned to the club by the end of each visit. When the membership expires, the stein can be taken to the member’s home.

Reactions: tursiops and Nicole
On the other hand, BGW reportedly has significantly more pass members than the Orlando SEAS parks.

Additionally, it is an established club here, and our price started lower, too.

So, the demand in Williamsburg may be greater.

On the other hand, BGW reportedly has significantly more pass members than the Orlando SEAS parks.

Additionally, it is an established club here, and our price started lower, too.

So, the demand in Williamsburg may be greater.
The demand in Williamsburg is so great that there are 2 of them. One in festhaus and the other at grogans

More to come and I'll get a picture but I've purchased a membership and have some additional information. The membership does not include a free fill. They do however allow fills at any of the Seven Seas Food Festival booths. I also got a fill at Flamecraft. I do not know, but presume, you can get a fill at Shark's bar as well. The stein is quite large, at least 20oz, if not more. It is solid metal, I presume it is some sort of alloy. It is also quite heavy. The advantage is that it is very sturdy and you'd be hard pressed to break it. It is also thick enough to where it keeps your beer fairly cool for a decent amount of time, especially for a metal stein.

You can use your pass to get a discount on the refills as well, which makes it about 4.50 per fill. At that cost, the break even point is at about 16 fills. Overall I am quite pleased with the stein and implementation so far.

Turns out I was wrong and the mug is closer to 30oz. No exact measurement yet.

There are a lot of things that seem to show that SWO did not know how they were going to go about this.

-the mugs are marked with a sticker on the bottom, I feel this might wear off.
-all lockers are marked a/b and a card with the locker number is placed in the mug or in the spot it goes when it is checked out.
-they are maintaining that the mug must be returned to the waterway grill before (it’s) close. I have returned it after this time ( as the water way often closes before the park/ flamecraft).

P.S.
Got a mild scolding but honestly if I need to walk to the back of the park to return it, I’ll do so anytime I wish before park close.

-from what I can tell from checked out mugs, they have only sold about a third of them.

After all this I can say this is the best beer deal at all the parks. I go about twice a month and get one or two beers per visit. This fill costs less than $5 with the discount. Currently the bogo happy hour is also honored on the stein.

I’m not sure the park is getting a good deal. Sales seem low and I feel they might need to lower the price point to get more interest. At the very least I expect a smaller stein next year.

I’m also curious to see if sales are an issue if they reduce the price to make up for the shorter term on the steins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
Update For 2020(purchased in February through the website):

- Memberships last one year from purchase. This changed 3Q last year, and has stayed into 2020.

- The membership can be purchased online, and possibly in the passmembers lounge, but they had trouble finding it in the system when I went so I ended up buying it on my phone. You MUST get the boca ticket printed in the lounge before you are assigned a stien; however, the louge is feet away from the lockers so this isnt a problem.

-The park will allow you to take the stien with you to clean and store it yourself. The first year they lost my stien once and gave me tons of shade, so I just keep mine.

Side note: the best place in the park to sit and enjoy a pour is Flamecraft, near the front of the park, so this will allow you to get a fill without walking to the back of the park first.

- The stein is accepted for ALL drafts. This includes beer and ciders. Should be obvious but bottles and mix/frozen drinks do not apply. Food festival booths do though.

-Pass member discounts do not apply on the stein membership, but do apply to the fills.

-The retail for the membership is $80 and a fill costs $5. It is unclear if a fill is included in the $80; I believe it is not but i was given a free fill one my second(this years’) membership. With the pass member discount the cost for a fill is $4 plus taxes for platinum Pass Members.

- The stein for 2020, as of Feb, is still the same as last year. As are the stickers used to number the steins. If you return your stein to waterway grill, be sure your sticker is still intact.

- The Waterway grill often closes before the park, be sure to know when you need to have it back before you leave the grill if you plan to return it at the end of the day. With the park often closing in the early evening, this is something you could run into often.

- When getting a fill, simply be prepared to hand over your stein and ask for the tap you want. They should be able to ring it up anywhere. You may want to check either by weight or by shaving off the head of your beer to make sure you got a good pour; not all employees know how to pour beer and the stien is unforgiving. You cant see in from the sides and on a hot day the stein can become somewhat warm, leading to a fairly difficult pour. Ive never had a problem asking them to top off a pour with too much head though, as long as you catch it at the counter.

-As a bonus, here’s a video of how not to pour beer into this “20oz” stein.?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad