Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
This should be changed to 2021 now! KD has a new blog post up about Dogwood Grille and I went to it to look at the menu with trepidation, only to be happy to find that they are offering a vegan Beyond Braut:

Really glad to see KD adding vegan and vegetarian options at the various eateries.

Wow, RIP Wayside Grill. The new "gourmet hot dog" concept at Dogwood Grille sounds really interesting though, and I love the name. That also might explain why the park alluded to Country Kitchen getting some new menu items this year - I'm guessing the park will be moving Wayside Grill's old barbecue menu over to Country Kitchen. I always thought it was strange that Country Kitchen and Wayside Grill had pretty redundant menu options.

Does anyone know if the 2020 announcement is still valid? I can't figure out if they are still implementing the changes they publicized in February 2020. I'm not ready to change the thread title, unless we know those really are 2021 offerings.

Does anyone know if the 2020 announcement is still valid? I can't figure out if they are still implementing the changes they publicized in February 2020. I'm not ready to change the thread title, unless we know those really are 2021 offerings.

I suppose I should have started a thread for this eatery. Wasn't sure if I should or not, especially since I was only talking about one item on its menu. Move it if that's appropriate.

The current "Foodie Friday" blog was about the Wayside Grill flipping over to The Dogwood Grill serving gourmet hot dogs. I thought that the BBQ items were being moved back to the Country Kitchen. I heard that CK would be serving pulled pork and brisket. They were bringing back 1/2 grilled chicken meals as well.

The burger info I am not sure about. Unless they bring it up in another blog entry before KD opens, someone would have to check Jukebox Diner and/or Hungry Hippo in person.

I see the cheese curds are described as having homemade cole slaw, which is a good sign. I missed BBQ at CK and didn't think what they had at Wayside was as satisfactory. I'm not sure about pushing hot dogs, but at least there's something better than "just" a hot dog.

I see the cheese curds are described as having homemade cole slaw, which is a good sign. I missed BBQ at CK and didn't think what they had at Wayside was as satisfactory. I'm not sure about pushing hot dogs, but at least there's something better than "just" a hot dog.
I thought KD had been making cole slaw from scratch for the last 2-3 years. I remember the pre-made cabbage mush that came out of a gallon carton. I had some of the made from scratch cole slaw at Wayside Diner in 2019. It was pretty good.

The slaw in 2019 was just barely good enough to put on BBQ, poor by itself, and in little tiny cups. Chef Paul's was the best I've ever had. I'd sometimes get it on the BBQ and as a full side too. Rarely, if ever, saw anyone else get it.

I got the BBQ Hotdog from Dogwood Grille, but the toppings that was on it doesn't match what was posted in the blog post- so I ended up being a tad underwhelmed by it. Overall it was good, but I don't think it was supposed to have peppers and such on it. I also asked for coleslaw on the side which caused a lot of confusion (maybe that's why I got the incorrect item?). There was very little pulled pork and a TON of peppers and onions. I won't fully judge it until I try it again.

Dogwood Grille BBQ Hot Dog

The vegan bratwurst there was really good. But took forever. I think I was the only one who ordered it today. The cheese curds were kinda bad, though.

I got the BBQ Hotdog from Dogwood Grille, but the toppings that was on it doesn't match what was posted in the blog post- so I ended up being a tad underwhelmed by it. Overall it was good, but I don't think it was supposed to have peppers and such on it. I also asked for coleslaw on the side which caused a lot of confusion (maybe that's why I got the incorrect item?). There was very little pulled pork and a TON of peppers and onions. I won't fully judge it until I try it again.

View attachment 23426

Oof, looks like they goofed and gave you a mix of the BBQ dog and the vegan dog, which is covered in grilled veggies. Guess that's Preview Day for ya.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad