Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

RocketChk

Silver Donor
Mar 26, 2011
Last week I had a vivid dream where I won an iPad out of the claw machine in Festa. It took me two tries, including getting the box on its side on teh first and then down the hole on the second. It was fantastic and glorious. I woke up happy, but determined.

I am now obsessed with living out this dream. We are going on Sunday, and the iPad will be mine. Oh yes, it will. be. mine.

My questions to you fine people are: Have you seen anyone or have you personally won any of the major prizes in these machines at the park? Do you have any tips or tricks? Do you believe it's possible?

You'll need a fire extinguisher...It just depends, I've never seen anyone win a prize that big though. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I've never seen it happen. I will wish you the best of luck, and hope you don't spend too much on getting that iPad.

Those claws are rigged. they set a certain percentage of "good" grabs and "bad" grabs. The claw will only be strong enough to pick the box up a small percentage of the time you try and win, and there's no way of telling when it is a gonna give you a good grabs, not to mention the spinning of the claw. you're better off trying one of those stacker games. There are tips online of how to beat them. There is a rhythm that they follow, and there is a recreation online set to their specific setting to help you beat them.

Reactions: Shafor
Fire Extinguisher it is then.

I've looked up tips online, and I saw about the various ways they are rigged. I also saw tons of videos and tips about the Stacker game.

Maybe I'll just win the iPod, PSP and Coach purse and sell them all on Craigs. For an iPad.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/games/play/1030647/

there ya go. tons of practice for you.

Well, I mean, if you're going to spend $400 you might as well spend $500. Imagine your phone, except a million times cooler, but you can only use it where you can get a wifi connection. Believe me, the extra money is WELL worth it.

You forgot the cost of the subpar data plan. Add a hotspot from TMobile, and your better off. Or better yet, just tether it.

EDIT: Also trying to impress a Linux User with an Apple product is a fail.

BG Europe Fan said:
You forgot the cost of the subpar data plan. Add a hotspot from TMobile, and your better off. Or better yet, just tether it.

EDIT: Also trying to impress a Linux User with an Apple product is a fail.

I haven't heard very positive experiences from those using their ipads on hotspots or tethering.

BTW, I had a wifi only ipad for a few months, but sold it and got an Android tablet with 3G instead (w/a $20 data plan). And it was a gift, so I shelled out exactly zero money out of pocket for it :p

Sorry for the thread hijack.

My son and I do enjoy messing around with the claw machine people though. He'll go up to somebody who's tried a few times like he's just watching and then I'll come up behind him and say "Aaron, you've already won 2 ipads today! How many more do you need?" Jaws drop, every time. Always good for a laugh. ;)

Im suprised i didnt find this thread sooner, but yes there rigged, i own my own claw machine and there rigged very badly, they cannot make it impossible to win because it would be considered a scam but they make it damn near impossible to win.

Reactions: Mushroom
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad