Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
The park has announced major things outside of Pass holder weekend IIRC. Will the food and wine festival be it for 2013? I have a feeling something big is on the way.

They have had big plans in the plan for awhile, they have just been so easily kept secret. The food and wine festival was actually something they planned just about 3 days before the Pass Holder Meeting, that is why there was no name for it. They actually had no big 2013 plans to reveal until a few days before the event.

But like I said, the park has big plans, they have just kept them secretive. For example resort hotel/convention center is planned and prepping has already been underway. The only thing they haven't done is fully announce to the public and make any noticeable changes from outside the boneyard.

Party Rocker said:
They have had big plans in the plan for awhile, they have just been so easily kept secret. The food and wine festival was actually something they planned just about 3 days before the Pass Holder Meeting, that is why there was no name for it. They actually had no big 2013 plans to reveal until a few days before the event.

Actually that is not true at all. The Wine and Food Festival has been in the works for months. The park has it all planned out already, they just chose not to reveal any details. Not sure where you heard they came up with the idea for it three days before, that is not true.

PR, you need to learn the subtle art of hating on BGW. You need to try to fake acknowledging the park tried to do something with quality. I'm sure people will be willing to give you lessons if you ask kindly.

PzP said:
PR, you need to learn the subtle art of hating on BGW. You need to try to fake acknowledging the park tried to do something with quality. I'm sure people will be willing to give you lessons if you ask kindly.
^^^^ YES.

Does my optimism of the park really hurt? I mean really, I do find most the things the park does okay. However, if it is one thing I can see failing at the park, it is this food festival. Europe in the Air, IMO, was still a good ride, I didn't see it as a Soarin copy. Maybe because I imagined the ride to be unique and different, which it is, sorta. This festival, I can't imagine seeing it pulled off in any way possible. The are better off trying to have a special event combining St. Patricks Day, Easter, April Fools, and Mothers Day all in one.

This forum needs more optimism like that. Sure, some things aren't going the way we would like them to, but all we can do is hope the tide will turn soon. Hopefully, corporate took very careful notes at their most recent visit to the park. If they did, I wouldn't expect things to keep going the way they are. One day heads are going to turn, and they may finally take action. It's not that I want anyone to lose their job,(in fact, I don't wish that on anyone) but some of the management really needs to get a reality test. I don't think anyone who deliberately ignores guest feedback (good or bad) has any business being in management. That's just part of the job.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad