Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Leider, nein. Unfortunately, no I don't know who makes them, but I could probably find out if I could get a closer look, particularly at the writing. I have German set as my second language preference on Google, so it's amazing what you can find. I am so glad that this gift shop still has some authentic German ware, even if they don't plan on selling it. Also, every time you go there is something new, but some of the decorations remain constant.

Anyway, if we can find out what it says at the bottom, where it's covered up by the garland, I hope I can find results if all statues are made by the same company.

Some interesting new merch around the park this year. It would be nice to see a return to more of the better quality and unique merch previous available.

Attachments

• Merch_7225.jpg
    Merch_7225.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • Merch_7226.jpg
    Merch_7226.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • Merch_7227.jpg
    Merch_7227.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Merch_7228.jpg
    Merch_7228.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Merch_7229.jpg
    Merch_7229.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Merch_7230.jpg
    Merch_7230.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Here is a link to a video about the biggest stein in the German gift shop. The one in the gift shop is exactly like this one, except the one in the shop is painted. This one leaves only the base color, which looks like leather.

The video is in Bavarian-German, (Notice they say "Grüß Gott" instead of "Hallo" or "Guten Tag.") but the idea is really simple. In the video they are saying that this is a decorative piece as a normal drinking boot is made from glass, and 5 liters is hard enough to carry if it's empty. This makes it impractical to drink from. It says on the boot "Whoever can empty this boot is a whole man indeed." The triangle on the bottom is the mark of the designer, Simon Peter Gerz. Unfortunately, they said it would be impossible to give a price estimate.

For what it's worth, most of Busch Gardens' steins are designed/made by Gerz. This one is one of my favorites because of its size.

The expensive plastic clocks have made their way to Emerald Isle. I didn't bother with photos. Though they did have these oddly misplaced watches.

Attachments

• IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    448.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    420.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    376.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    518.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    441 KB · Views: 35
Just found this thread... we have had this frisbee since 1992. It was in perfect condition until about 5 years ago when our dog decided she wanted to play with it rather than with hers.  Our fault for leaving it where she could get it...

Attachments

• dffrisb.jpg
    dffrisb.jpg
    904.8 KB · Views: 36
I have one of these. I'll try to remember to dig it out to scan or photo. I also digitized Ghosts of the Globe a few years ago for the forum. I could probably do this one too if @Zachary thinks it wouldn't break forum rules or copyright laws.

@BGW Family, I'd love to share it. The park hasn't taken issue with the Ghosts of the Globe or Themes from the Olde Country uploads. Maybe @Alf33 would be willing to clean up the audio like he did with the Themes files?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

* ruffles through boxes *

"I think this box is albums? No, that is dishes. Maybe...nope, that one is comics. Okay, so maybe that box has the USB turntable? *sigh* That box is photos. Wow, I was young once. 3 boxes down. Only 20' x 50' storage space full of boxes to go."

Give me some time, and power over life, and I'll get back with you. ???

I don't have Ghosts of the Globe but if someone has a recording of it that has pops and clicks in it I'd be happy to clean it up with some software I have for that and then by "ear" with Audacity to get what the software misses. Now I do have Oktoberfest Live! and Donald Specht - The Kingsmill Suite and Themes from the Old Country which Zachary mentions above. I'll share, just PM me.

Reactions: jornor and Zachary
These are old rips of the Ghosts of the Globe album. They are kind of noisy (and maybe over-exposed), but I can re-record it if someone wants to have at it. I like the old record sounds, myself.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad