Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justcourious since the drinks at KD can be used back to back. And it wasnt a few months ago, this was in early August I think they changed the Festhaus menu.
There is no time restriction on refilling a souvenir cup. Just on the dining plan. It's an entree and a side/dessert every 90 minutes. There's also an option for a drink which is then the same 90 minutes. There's a 3rd option that gives you a souvenir cup with no time limit and unlimited free refills. IIRC they are $40, $45 and $50 respectively.

Reactions: Zachary
Does this mean there will be a 5% price increase on everything?

I mean, price increases are normal, but the discount hasn't changed for any other membership level.

To summarize the changes for platinum:

1->2 food and wine items per visit (!!)
3->4 free guest tickets (two in the summer months)
15->20% discount on food and merch.

Together, this significantly changes the value proposition for platinum membership.

Last edited:
A couple membership questions for you card-carrying members. We are going to be getting platinum memberships for next year.

I see that they are running a 25% off sale right now. Would I be correct in assuming that is better than what the price has been? I thought it was only like 10% off or something but I haven't really looked closely.

Once your 12-month period is up, does it just go to month-to-month until you cancel?

Just trying to figure out if we should go ahead and pull the trigger now or if we should wait until we plan to make our first visit of next year.

A couple membership questions for you card-carrying members. We are going to be getting platinum memberships for next year.

I see that they are running a 25% off sale right now. Would I be correct in assuming that is better than what the price has been? I thought it was only like 10% off or something but I haven't really looked closely.

Once your 12-month period is up, does it just go to month-to-month until you cancel?

Just trying to figure out if we should go ahead and pull the trigger now or if we should wait until we plan to make our first visit of next year.
It is 25% off the price. If you sign up for Ezpay then it will just go month to month until you cancel. One thing to note is that the 25% off is only good for 12 months. If I'm remembering correctly it will go up to the full price after 12 months. If you don't do Ezpay then your pass will end after 12 months and that's it.

As far as whether to wait or not I think it depends on 1 factors. The time frame you are planning on visiting the parks. If all your visits to other SEAS parks next year will be within the next 12 months then I think it makes sense to get the black Friday perks. You can always reassess and downgrade if you feel the Platinum isn't right for you next year

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
There are a host of perks that memberships get and grandfathered passes don’t.

Many of which would cost more with the grandfathered passes. I had a big long response typed out to all of this, but I decided to forgo it. Because it's going to turn into "Why get the high level membership if I have to sit in the same traffic as low level membership." There's base level business stuff that's always ignored in these conversations that I should learn better. (Sorry @Nicole this wasn't directed at you, just using your post as a springboard of something to get off my chest).

I would find it interesting for people who say "What does my extra cost get me", track how many times you go, and how much you save from discounts through the year. I bet after your 5th trip, BGW is actually losing money on you and not making money. With the number of people that post about cheating the system I'm not super shocked BGW can't change anything without a storm of hissy fits or actually enforce the rules without being made to look like the worst place in the world. Especially compared to places that literally don't give discounts and overcharge for every little thing.

(EDIT: Sorry for posting something that should have been here from the first place)

Continuing on this rant a little more (I guess I wasn't done) - It just gets tiring at times. I normally let people rant, but the continued insistence that everything always be fully open regardless of crowd levels is a little (dare I say it)....entitled. Like having a pass/membership means things should somehow always be perfect. Having the membership isn't like a VIP card that lets you have no lines, rides no one else goes on, or somehow expedited anything. It's just a way to return to the park, and get discounts as a "thank you". The most expensive passes are costing you $360, then only save you money on things you get in the park from there. About the 7th visit you are basically either going for free or you are having a massive discount on admission depending on how you look at it.

So it's not "what's my money getting me" but rather "how much is BGW losing on you".

Last edited:
Question on Discount Guest Tickets..

Wife and I have a premier level pass this year. We are using our free tickets tomorrow, but I wanted to swing by the park tonight, Im looking to take on our kids, and I tried to get a discounted guest pass.. I called them and they told me I have none available, and they are only available through monthly rewards, and its not a current monthly reward.. Im confused, because it clearly states on the benefit list that discounted guest tickets are a benefit.

I just looked around BGW's site and I am now also confused.

I thought that Members always got discounted guest tickets and then additionally received a few free guest tickets, during specific timeframes. I still see the free tickets, but can find nowhere to purchase the discounted tickets. Additionally, as far as I can tell, only the free tickets appear on the monthly rewards calendar. Oddly, both are still listed on the summary of benefits, however. Hopefully, this isn't another example pf their taking away our befits.

All of that said, if you look on-line, there is currently a 40% off Memorial Day sale for dated tickets: https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/limited-time-offers/

Additionally, if you log in to the Member section of the BGW site, you can may have free guest tickets right now. (I'm not sure how often Premier gets them.)

Reactions: Nibbins
The discounted guest tickets for members should be available. I'd recommend messaging BGW on Facebook or going to a ticket window. Ever since BGW's phone number started going to a non-local call center, they never know anything about BGW or our memberships.

PS: The current two day ticket sale is not dated and is $59. That may be cheaper than the discounted guest tickets. Just make sure you don't spend more than that.

Save "up to" 40% and then this:

Screenshot_20210521-132247.png

Is it shitty? Yeah. But they were careful with how they worded the promo...

Here is the reply, when I asked if it was still a benefit...

BG:

It doesn't look there are any discounts currently available, but you'd be able to find them on that portal when there are.

ME:

well my membership lists discount tickets as a benefit.\

ME:
is that no longer a benefit?

166297694_10158208488968315_7638535850696122733_n.png

Busch Gardens Williamsburg sent Today at 1:32 PM

It is a benefit, however it is based on availability.

Thank you for sharing!

We have been tracking a disturbing trend. More of and more of the benefits that were offered when people bought their memberships seems to be disappearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: belsaas
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad