Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
And why on earth? Six Flags is run by Cedar Fair people anyway—what are you complaining about?
Because anything done that's good Cedar Fair gets credit, anything bad is Six Flags's fault, naturally.

Personally, I'd like to drop the Six Flags prefix entirely outside of Texas and Georgia, but I would laugh for the rest of time at Six Flags Cedar Point.
 
Six Flags Over Virginia is a dogshit name and I stand by that.

Don’t touch the name at all at any park. BUT if we HAVE to change it (you don’t), Kings Dominion: A Six Flags Park would be the best name.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fiender
I can guarantee you that they have zero intention of doing any of these…. this is how surveys work.

To help calibrate the results you usually include something far-reaching as an option.
 
I made this on canvas as a fictional, basic concept idea. Here me on this…keep all park names, no taglines, no “by sixflags”, etc. They just add the sixflags symbol as a backdrop behind the main park logo. Each park keeps its unique logo, name, but can easily be identified as a sixflags park. This is a simple solution to this problem.
Maybe... I like the idea of putting the old Six Flags symbol on top of an existing name better than the idea of changing all the names of legacy CF parks to Six Flags. That being said, I feel that the version of the Six Flags logo above is outdated and will be phased out in favor the red waving flag we find above the "I". This would reflect a minimalist trend we have been seeing over the last decade, when it comes to branding, with many businesses opting to simplify their logos and even identify their brand simply with an image rather than having text at all. For example- Starbucks, Apple and McDonald's.

I like what Cedar Fair did to unify the parks by keeping the font uniform in all logos and putting the little waving flag above the "I's" in the names that have one. The way I see it Six Flags could rebrand the parks in multiple ways. Here are the scenarios I foresee.

Scenario 1: Best Case scenario, IMO. The company doesn't touch the Cedar Fair park names at all. I like this option because it maintains unique park branding, history and integrity.

Scenario 2: The company doesn't touch the cedar fair park names at all, but adds a unifying touch to each of them in the form of an image. (I am guessing the red waving flag).

Scenario 3: The company doesn't touch the cedar fair park names and they simply add Six Flags to the front of them similar to what happened during the paramount years.

Scenario 4: The company may opt to go the way of rebranding all Cedar Fair parks Six Flags - fill in the blank. And come up with an entirely new subtitle for each.

Below are hypothetical logos I came up with based on the scenarios listed above. I am using Dorney Park as an example.

new logos (1).png
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad