Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
This would be horrible if implemented and although I think Six Flags Over the Carolinas is a good name, but any new Six Flag _____/Over _____ should go to new parks made from the ground up.
 
I refuse to believe this was a real idea that was approved to go out to the public lmao
I believe they know some of these options are terrible and wouldn’t go over well with the public, but they have to exhaust all options in a survey to go to the board/investors and say how poorly some ideas went over, and which ones were most positive. They don’t live completely in a vacuum, they just need to data to prove it.
 
I believe they know some of these options are terrible and wouldn’t go over well with the public, but they have to exhaust all options in a survey to go to the board/investors and say how poorly some ideas went over, and which ones were most positive. They don’t live completely in a vacuum, they just need to data to prove it.
god i hope so. I have no clue what some of corporate obsession is with continuing the "iconic brand recognition of Six Flags" is when the brand doesn't have a GOOD reputation per say with it in many places. The VERY RECENT situation with x2 isn't helping matters. Also, no one is calling cepo "Cedar Point by Six Flags" or "Six Flags Cedar Point" full named, I guarantee you lmao

Edit: also, the implication of calling an already legacy six flags park to six flags over _ is so... like its already six flags 😭 this is a lateral move at best
 
Last edited:
I’d rather the “[current park name]: a Six Flags Experience” over the shit they suggested here. Even if I don’t like them having that tagline, it’s eons better than renaming the parks. Also, the rename would just eliminate what uniqueness each park has, and given the general public thinks of Six Flags as “ew, gross” it would also just hurt the park images.
 
Bro. This is literally a survey asking customers how exactly the deck chairs on the Titanic should be arranged prior to its decent into the ocean's depths. I legitimately would not believe this could be real had it not been for the braindead survey sent out like a month ago. Truly unbelievable stuff.

The company IS LITERALLY ON FIRE. Thinking that this moment could possibly call for investing money to rebrand parks with positive reputations to mimic parks with far worse reputations is truly, unimaginably insane. This is some "Cracker Barrel is missing a modern, Millennial gray aesthetic"-tier, completely disconnected from the product and the market, Wall St. MBA-type brain disease. Actual madness.
 
Last edited:
This would be like if United Parks (SeaWorld Entertainment at the time) had considered changing the Busch Gardens parks to SeaWorld Williamsburg and SeaWorld Tampa months after Blackfish debuted
 
  • Haha
Reactions: farfeather
a twitter user apperntly got a survey asking about changing the park names
a few from six flags northern ohio and other parks like carowinds to six flags over carolinas

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

PLEASE SIX FLAGS sell all of the legacy Cedar Fair parks to someone who ACTUALLY CARES!!!. This rebranding idea is pitiful. Why would they ever want to take away the name Cedar Point and change it to Six Flags? I would argue that Cedar Point has more brand positive brand recognition than Six Flags ever did, even if the name Six Flags is more well known. This is just sad and frustrating!
 
PLEASE SIX FLAGS sell all of the legacy Cedar Fair parks to someone who ACTUALLY CARES!!!. This rebranding idea is pitiful. Why would they ever want to take away the name Cedar Point and Change it to Six Flags? I would argue that Cedar Point has more brand positive brand recognition than Six Flags ever did, even if the name Six Flags is more well known. This is just sad and frustrating!
better yet, split six flags back into six flags and cedar fair (or cedar point since valleyfair was sold off)
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad