Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So get rid of the good food and keep the bad?
I'd like to see them do two things:
1 - Focus on making the Italian food much better. I get what the concept of Marco Polo is supposed to be, but rather than fix what wasn't good in the first place they just brought in more.
2 - As I said in the post, I'd like to see them do some lighter fair in the park. I find most the food to be quite "heavy" and it sits in my stomach like a rock. I personally feel that updating some of their Italian fare to be lighter could be a good thing for them.

I'd like to see them do two things:
1 - Focus on making the Italian food much better. I get what the concept of Marco Polo is supposed to be, but rather than fix what wasn't good in the first place they just brought in more.
2 - As I said in the post, I'd like to see them do some lighter fair in the park. I find most the food to be quite "heavy" and it sits in my stomach like a rock. I personally feel that updating some of their Italian fare to be lighter could be a good thing for them.
I agree, especially with #2. I know the park offers "salads" but they could expand beyond iceberg lettuce. Just look at the variety of salads you can find at Publix, Kroger, Food Lion (Ukrops), and Wegmans. Heck, they don't even need to make them in park, just contract it out to somebody like Ukrops, as the quality would be much more consistent.

I agree, especially with #2. I know the park offers "salads" but they could expand beyond iceberg lettuce. Just look at the variety of salads you can find at Publix, Kroger, Food Lion (Ukrops), and Wegmans. Heck, they don't even need to make them in park, just contract it out to somebody like Ukrops, as the quality would be much more consistent.
They already contract out the games and that prepackaged stuff at those grab and go places- why not?

Glad to see this noted as I was thinking about trying the chicken parm sometime.
I've had better chicken parm here than at Olive Garden (arguing about how good this place is could be it's own thread!) and even two local "Italian" restaurants near me. I would advise you to at least try it as you may be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoasterAuditor
I've had better chicken parm here than at Olive Garden (arguing about how good this place is could be it's own thread!) and even two local "Italian" restaurants near me. I would advise you to at least try it as you may be pleasantly surprised.
Technically off topic in this thread but oh my goodness we had such a good meal at Maurizio's italian restaurant, like 3 mi from Busch Gardens. The kids had a cheese pizza that was really top-quality, and I had awesome pappardelle with chicken and sausage, but the star of the show was a pasta bowl with giant scallops and porcini mushrooms. We'll probably eat there again any time we're in Williamsburg in the future.

I really like the rotisserie chicken and for awhile it was the only thing we ate. I thought the Italian food was fine and I used to joke that BGW had the best food in Williamsburg. During my last visit I discovered Casa Pearl and it is one of the best restaurants I've been to. The oysters and tacos are amazing - along with amber ox, I don't think I'll be eating park food anymore. We always found the restaurants around the colonial area, like fat canary, overpriced and overrated.

I really like the rotisserie chicken and for awhile it was the only thing we ate. I thought the Italian food was fine and I used to joke that BGW had the best food in Williamsburg. During my last visit I discovered Casa Pearl and it is one of the best restaurants I've been to. The oysters and tacos are amazing - along with amber ox, I don't think I'll be eating park food anymore. We always found the restaurants around the colonial area, like fat canary, overpriced and overrated.
Perhaps the USA Today should do a top 10 list of food near each theme park? :)

Was Marco Polo open at all this year? Or did we just happen to visit BGW in months it was closed (May/June, and Sept)?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Maybe they closed it down to clean up because that area of the park was kind of stinky, but with it closed on Saturday the funk was gone.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad