Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
worth noting that the airtime is much better in the front row than the middle rows due to physics. Like you said the second camelback is near perfect, it's just that those trims take so much out of the ride for no good reason. Theres only one turn before the MCBR from there and it doesn't really pull a lot of g's. the sustained airtime hill could use a bit more speed as well. I wish the park would experiment with it and see what the crowds think.

IT's not really experimenting with the coaster as it is experimenting with the public's opinion. They ran it without heavy trims in testing, so they have a good idea what the mechanical effects are.

I don't really know how tweaks are made, but I will be there as soon as Tuesday, and I'm really looking forward to riding it. I'll be sure to give my opinion on speed.

One thing that I haven't seen so far is an off ride POV that adequately displays the surround sound system by the pathways. For those who have seen it in person: are the show elements anywhere near as impressive as they sound? If not, maybe it will just take some time.

^Theyre pretty subtle, but they're cool nonetheless! As the train approaches, the area's atmosphere becomes more intense; lights begin flashing around the area, and the theme music slowly builds to a crescendo as the train passes over and swoops down to the pond. I didn't really notice it while riding, but from off ride, it's a pretty neat theming element that helped build excitement prior to riding.

Reactions: wombat96 and Eric
I wonder how many people actually messaged the park to find out if they were still going to post it on iTunes. I know I did.

All in all, I don't think it is SeaWorld's most memorable soundtrack, but its still very majestic. I guess you could say that the music "haunted" me in some way, because I kept "hearing" motifs from it it in my head for a while, until I finally realized what it was from. So while it may not seem memorable, it can still be quite "haunting".

It definitely doesn't have to gusto of the Apollo soundtrack. I am disappointed that they went with completely computer generated music and didn't record it with a live orchestra. I guess it would have been too expensive...

Mako was such a great ride. Got six rides in yesterday.

Sit towards the front and you get nice pops of air all over the place.
Sit towards the back and the air isn't as prominent, but it's a lot stronger in places, plus the trim doesn't hit as hard.

There's a serious trim on the coaster towards the middle. You can feel it slow the train down even though it doesn't really affect the air as much.

The second half of the ride is kinda weak compared to the first half. Just a few turns, dip and brakes.

I dunno how it ranks against Apollo. Apollo has the ejector going down the first drop and out of the brake run in the back row, plus the fun floater all over the place. Even if the ride is much weaker toward the front. The setting in the countryside is also a lot nicer on Apollo.

Mako is definitely better than all the other hypers I've ridden though.

Just rode Mako for the first time. It was a lot better than I expected. Decent airtime and the valleys between each hill had a tighter radius than I thought and the trim brake didn't grab too hard.

Attachments

• IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
I third this opinion. That first camelback in the front provides honest-to-god ejector when it's running fast. It's amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachary
I rode Mako this morning just after opening as the only person on the ride. Front row, all by myself. I'll say it, it was weird and surprisingly freaky. The lack of other noise was disconcerting. I felt i had to scream or else it was truly bizarre. Still an amazingly fun ride though.

I rode Mako this morning just after opening as the only person on the ride. Front row, all by myself. I'll say it, it was weird and surprisingly freaky. The lack of other noise was disconcerting. I felt i had to scream or else it was truly bizarre. Still an amazingly fun ride though.
I did that a few years ago before a hurricane. Park was DEAD(had to be maybe a few hundred guests; they closed earlier than scheduled anyway). The silence and pre hurricane mist was something else.

Reactions: phurst and tursiops
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad