Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Project 2016: 200 Foot Tall Hyper Coaster

Who said that the ride might have a vertical lift? I could see a vertical elevator lift but I'm not sure if Mack has ever even done a vertical lift. (While were at the topic of Mack, I'm 95% sure that this new coaster will be Mack, if I'm wrong, I'll marathon EITA all day. :cool:) Either way SeaWorld is getting a new coaster which will hopefully attract more visitors and help the parks get out of this tight budget state.

I think it will be a traditional chain lift and I don't think it will be a "Hyper Coaster."

Sorry for the double post but I actually made a mistake, the entire project will be revealed on the 27th, name, layout, stats, ETC. Also, the speed of the coaster has to be faster than Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit which is 65 mph. It also has to be longer than Expedition Everest at 4,427 feet long. Considering the ride is over 200 feet tall it will most likely hit around 70 mph and the length will be anywhere from 4,500-5,000. Of course this is all speculation but construction will be starting within the upcoming weeks.

You've made me curious, Gavin. What thoughts are going on in that mysterious duck mind of yours?

Gavin said:
The big one I have is why wasn't there any leaks about this? Not even a peep and then BAM, SeaWorld Orlando is getting a coaster. Add the fact that the parks are struggling financially, makes it even more odd.

I think everyone is assuming they're struggling financially. Looking at their stocks doesn't necessarily tell you profit, neither does layoffs tell you they're going under. Every corporation has to restructure at one point or another.

I believe that SeaWorld still has quite a bit of money, they're just being all hush-hush about it.

In reference to your post, Gavin, there have been rumors about this for a while, doesn't mean anything had to be leaked. I'm assuming myself that they didn't want to announce this coaster while there was a considerable amount of negative publicity.
Even though it took them a while to announce it, at least we know they're finally taking a new coaster into consideration to potentially increase park attendance.

So the fastest sea creature is a sailfish.
9546-050-42565668.jpg

It can reach speeds of 68mph and can keep its speed for a long period of time. Some describe when the animals feed a "frenzy" which is one of the words SeaWorld used in its teaser. "Get ready for the frenzy..."  This is definetly a contender for theme of the ride as the speed of the animal breaks the current speed record in Orlando and we know it can travel for long distances as this will be the longest coaster in Orlando.

It's a name, yeah, but it's also a really fast, fairly well-known shark. Seems like a good fit to me.

To tell the truth, "Michael" is actually a fairly lame name.

I'd prefer them to stick with Great White. They've recycled coaster names at parks before, why stop now.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad