Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 9, 2013
From what I see, they only use the castle twice a day now...Once for the Elmo show and once for Celtic Dyne.

This is ridiculous, imho. They're letting a perfectly good show venue stand idle for the rest of the day. Poor usage of an investment. I suggest using the venue for other dining options throughout the day, such as making it into a true sit down restaurant in the spirit of Annie Grogans or Festhaus....It would make for only the 2nd real climate controlled eating environment in the entire park, and I know I would pay a slight premium for THAT alone.

On the other hand, if the prospect of additional revenue doesn't satisfy the bean counters, you could always use it as a venue to book private parties and what not whenever the venue is not being used for shows.

In any event, it's sad that we've gone from the castle being host to a beloved show like the one they had in Medieval England w/the dragon and the apprentice doing his best to turn iron into gold, etc etc, but something better can and SHOULD be done with that place besides two once a day dining events.

Any thoughts??

RE: Make better use of Castle O'Sullivan...

^I 100% agree that they are totally waisting a great, memorable space (enjoy your rep, Nut :) ) for an outstanding attraction. I don't think it needs to be a restaurant, but maybe a small coaster, walk through, dark ride, etc... to better make use of the space for some family attraction that adds to that mystical Ireland has...excuse me, had...(I'm looking at you Elmo :dodgy:)

Last I checked, COS was already being booked for private parties on top of being used as a dine with characters experience.

If anything, I'd say improve the France options first before thinking about pushing dine with characters out of COS. Bistro 205 is sorta just sitting there along with Royal Palace. There's really nothing much to do in that area of the park besides Griffon.

So...
- Move characters to Bistro 205. It's always kinda been a premium dining experience anyway.
- New show in both the Royal Palace and COS. Those are rather under-utilized theaters that could use a bit more attention
- Concerts and events move back to the Festhaus Park. There's so much more space back there for people than the RPT, plus with Ramp Jam gone, it's just an empty plot of land with a HOS maze.

That way everyone wins. :cool:

Reactions: IndyRacingNut

You won't see anything change as long as COS keeps making money vs losing it like it would for a show.

jmu2011 said:
You won't see anything change as long as COS keeps making money vs losing it like it would for a show.
This is true...which makes me sad...

Re: Make better use of Castle O'Sullivan...

I don't see anything wrong with CoS now. There's a major show venue next to it and it's great space for the park to do whatever it wants.

That being said, park totes needs a "Dine with the Fiends" thing.

I hugely support making better use of the Castle O'Sullivan space, but I don't like the idea of using it for more dining. They should return it to being a show venue, something the park needs more of since the removal of the Canadian Palladium, the lack of a regular show in the Royal Palace Theater, and the discontinuance of a second show (Starlight Orchestra) at the Italian stage, and the cancellation of a significant street show like The Boogie Band. Live entertainment at the park is so lacking compared to what it was a few years ago that another live/special effects show in Castle O'Sullivan would be more than welcomed in my opinion.

chickenking said:
Some kind of "dining" experience along the lines of Hooters? But with Naughty Nurses? The park changes after dark indeed. :cool:

I didn't specify the Nurses, I just think that the park should do what they do with Celtic Dine and have a more interactive experience of a show. Yes, there are the Nurses, but can you imagine Igor and some of the other characters interacting with the guests. The talent they had last year was really great with comedy elements, I would like to see more of that.

The park also has had decent wings in the past as well. :p

Reactions: Planeteer
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad