Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I think this was a one-time thing for Entertainment members, by Entertainment members. I have never seen a full video of it and didn't know the name until now. It's very interesting because the show is a bit raunchy (is that the word?) for Busch Gardens.

Maybe someone who knows more about this show/the choreography behind Celtic Fyre can shed some light on this...

But the jazz tap number in the Mad Night video Luke posted looks damn near IDENTICAL to Celtic Fyre's "friends of the bride from America" section. Did BGW just lift the choreography from this show? Does this choreography predate Mad Night? Am I seeing similarities that aren't there?

Not in any 2003 info or brochures. Pretty sure this is an for-entertainment-fun event only. The American tapping section could have been derived from pre-CF choreography. It is very conceivable that Marcus Maloney only choreographed. the Irish style of tap, since that is his expertise. I could see the Jazz style of tap coming from another source.

BTW for 2003 I see: removal of the Wilde Maus and a teaser for a 40,0000 square feet building housing a "ride experience", a "Date Nights" pass for locals after 4 pm, Donald Mills, Jr. named GM, "Camp Busch Gardens" for kids, a "Summer Nights" after 4pm pass promoting Imaginique, and a painter working on BBW dying in an accident.

I think I have heard something about Ross Milam (at least partially) choreographing the American tap dancer scene in Celtic Fyre. Marcus Maloney choreographed the overall show, and Phil Raybourn directed it. Aena O'Shea was the other main person responsible for producing the show.

Ross Milam produced several shows, including Mad Night and was most recently in the Finnegan's Flyer announcement.
He is now the Senior Entertainment Coordinator, so it's likely we will see more of his work in other shows. I would appreciate some additional confirmation on his involvement with Celtic Fyre.

Since this was not an actual show...shown to the public. Should this be removed? Sorry I didn't know.

I honestly have no idea how to handle this. ?

Are we sure it wasn't shown to the public? Could it have just had a short run during the summer? Maybe as part of an evening event?

Reactions: jornor
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad