Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
i just happened to be by the park and saw a flatbed truck carry out wha seemed to be a good portion of loch ness monster cars, is this for maintenance, or storage or something?

every winter the trains are taken off the track taken to a maintenance building and taken apart bolt by bolt piece by piece. Everything is inspected cleaned and then built back together once its back together there placed back onto the track via crane. every single ride goes through this including the flat rides like twister(not sure what bgs name is for it though) mach tower. happens with all the roller coaster by law it might be is that they have to inspect the trains. Just like a car a roller coaster has to get a state inspection sign. If you look around the park should have a sign by each ride with a state signature.

Those are for day to day stuff and theres not enough room in those buildings to take apart and properly keep everything nice and tidy so they are taken into the main park head quarters (where the marketing people are, storage stuff employee rooms. there are buildings that no guest will EVER be able to go into. I will post a link of what I mean later on when I find it again.

last time i checked marketing and all the administration and such is located in a building on site, but the truck was headed out away past there, towards route 60

there are even more buildings bigger buildings that are not shown. those buildings are size of factory buildings. imagine in the maintenance buildings built with the ride imagine taking every single part taken off each train they have to group each part inspect each part while making sure nothing drops (some parts if there dropped have to be shipped back the manufacturer and be fixed by them) now each train has roughly a 1,500 parts griffon 3 trains 1500x 3 4500 parts in that small building. They need to go a building that has place for each and every part to be grouped and stored cleaned inspected http://kdfansite.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=196 take a look through this album. Notice how on I305 some of the restraints are already missing now with kings dominion im not sure where exactly everything is taken but its everywhere. So they have buildings that are not able to be seen from anywhere (maybe from top of griffon or mach tower if you search for it) Sorry if Im confusing you

EDIT: this is a better look of the rides being dismantled. http://kdfansite.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=128 take a look through this album.

Party Rocker said:
but the maintenance buildings are on site, and they were being transported away from the park.

The maintenance building is way too small for taking apart all of the rides in the park... I have been in there and despite it's large appearance, it is not that large

somewhere hidden look around on google maps. http://www.wvec.com/news/behind-the-scenes-Busch-Gardens-115668119.html
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150386257178599.376755.91085023598&type=1
2 more links that I found

also not all the time the trains are taken some where else because it doesn't need exstensive but nessie has 3 trains(correct me if im wrong been a while since I have been) and only 2 track in their storage building. As in the first link in this post it shows alpendiest in the building.

Reactions: Peter R.
Party Rocker said:
understandable, but where would bgw's main maintenance be?

I would guess a mile or two outside of the park... cant be too far, but still has to be off site

just watched the video... Looks like at lest the b&m coasters stay in the sheds... I think, since LNM doesn't have much space in it's maintenance bay, that those trains are taken off site

evanthecoasterlover said:
but nessie has 3 trains(correct me if im wrong been a while since I have been) and only 2 track in their storage building.

4 trains... On the coaster tour, the guide said that LNM has 4 trains because arrow doesn't exist anymore and they have to get some parts from somewhere... he said the 4th train was from BGT... But the bay is cramped enough... no room for 4 trains worth of parts to fit

maintenance building doesn't just hold ride maintenance...it also holds the parts dept, park electricians, and carpentry....not to mention vehicle maintenance...they maintain all of the service vehicles on site...

Reactions: Zachary
same as the trams...you see them on the back of a rollback often during the summer months going off site for work

I've also seen the sky ride cars and trams on flat beds driving around the area. I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary.

Actually, Busch sends 1 train to another company that puts the train through an x-ray machine to check for stress spots, cracks, etc... They do this every year to one train. I know for a fact that this happens on the Lochness... but I am almost positive that 1 train from each coaster goes through this as well...

Source for the info: Behind the Scenes Coaster Tour!

Reactions: Shafor and Zachary
Lol, I know one spot where they send log boats, nessie trains and trams. Or atleast those are all the things ive seen in this particular location... I've actually seen some seaworld trams without the logos removed too.

griffon09 said:
Actually, Busch sends 1 train to another company that puts the train through an x-ray machine to check for stress spots, cracks, etc... They do this every year to one train. I know for a fact that this happens on the Lochness... but I am almost positive that 1 train from each coaster goes through this as well...

Source for the info: Behind the Scenes Coaster Tour!
Since, I used to work for Six Flags as a full-time electrician back in 1999, Evan and Capt are right on the money with there posts. Even the info from the person giving the Behind the Scenes Coaster Tour is correct.

Every coaster trains and even flat rides has this maintenance done, such as ultra sonic testing sometimes it needs to be done by an outside contractor and can't be done on the ride itself or at the maintenance shops, since they are not setup to do this type of work.

The basic maintenance, such replacing a bearings or replacing a seat backs can be done on the ride. But, the major maintenance that is done to the ride during the off season is done at the maintenance shops in the park's shops. Since the park's shops can't handle all the trains from one coaster. The park maintenance personal need to do one train at a time and not all the mechanics are working on the same train. This means they are working on different rides at the same time.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad