Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 7, 2012
As most of you probably know, the Loch Ness trains used to be timed to simultaneously pass through the interlocking loops. I had an idea to recreate this discontinued event by taking two images of a train in each loop and then using Photoshop to place the position of one train onto the empty loop in the alternate image. I took the pictures on the same day as when I photographed the extended queue, but wasn't able to finish the editing until this morning. This is result after PS editing, as taken from the Rhinefeld side of the bridge (pictures are large):

Attachments

• LNM_Rhine copy.jpg
    LNM_Rhine copy.jpg
    9.6 MB · Views: 74
  • LNM_Heather copy.jpg
    LNM_Heather copy.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 50
  • LNM_SanMarco copy.jpg
    LNM_SanMarco copy.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 44
It really was cool to see it in person. :) They used the double loop in all of their commercials back in the day.

They really should bring it back. Then they could use it in commercials again.

Very nice work! I really like your second image the best. The other two are angles you see all of the time with the double coasters. Don't recall seeing one looking upwards from the bridge like that. :)

Reactions: Natoma
Shane said:
Very impressive!

chickenking said:
Very nice work! I really like your second image the best. The other two are angles you see all of the time with the double coasters. Don't recall seeing one looking upwards from the bridge like that. :)

Thanks a lot! ^_^ As for the second picture, I actually took that right next to the ramp. I discovered shooting directly on the bridge wasn't an option because it's supported by floats and moves slightly whenever people walk on it. So the trains wouldn't be at the same angle.

Reactions: chickenking
Hoopla said:
They really should bring it back. Then they could use it in commercials again.

I believe there is a specific reason as to why they don't do this anymore? Help, someone?

I thought there was a technical issue that prevented this from happening? Like the trains just physically can not do it anymore or something along those lines? I might have to do research.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad