Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
In case you prefer it more map like, here's a color version. Without going into theming, etc. yet (working on it!), I've basically just moved everything over to the south side of the Rebel Yell, and added a few of my favorite ride types into the mix. Still working on facilities (restaurants, shops, etc.) and of course, waiting for KD so I can see how much room I have to play with after the 2020 additions.

In case you prefer it more map like, here's a color version. Without going into theming, etc. yet (working on it!), I've basically just moved everything over to the south side of the Rebel Yell, and added a few of my favorite ride types into the mix. Still working on facilities (restaurants, shops, etc.) and of course, waiting for KD so I can see how much room I have to play with after the 2020 additions.
View attachment 17520
That should definitely be done sometime in the future, and it could, maybe, allow the return of the full Lake Charles.

Lion Country Safari Waterpark.jpg

OK, so here's the concept. I'm renaming/retheming Soak City to the Lion Country Safari Waterpark. I'm moving the entire park South of Racer 75, including relocating/retheming the two slide complexes from that side. This will open up land for all sorts of fun things in the old Lake Charles area (That's a whole other project, when I have the time!). I've gotten the theme mainly from the location. Other Cedar Fair properties have been theming waterparks/waterslides to the local area, but I went with some Kings Dominion history instead. Everywhere possible, I reused the path of the old Safari Monorail as the pathways in this concept. I've added two new entrances to the waterpark. One comes from Candy Apple Grove, between Apple Zapple and Twisted Timbers, and reuses the existing changing rooms. The other is a new entrance with a parking lot off of Doswell Road. I've tunneled under the train tracks, because frankly you can't trust people not to be too stupid to stop in front of a moving train. I've left a couple of expansion pads for future attractions, and the area where the 2020 additions are going is a huge unknown. Anyhow, I've had fun creating this blue sky concept, it's great to play without the constraints of budget! Feel free to suggest whatever. If I like it, it may be incorporated!
Attractions (Blue tags):
  1. Journey to Atlantis (Former Baja Bends, relocated)
  2. Land of the Dooz (Rethemed Lil' Barefoot Beach, and including the kiddie attraction for 2020)
  3. Firefall (Former Pipeline Peak)
  4. Mt. Kilimanjaro (Former Hurricane Heights)
  5. Wave Pool (Needs a name, former Tidal Wave Bay)
  6. Parrot Troopers (ProSlide OctopusRACER mat racing slide)
  7. Safari Monorail (SetPoint Swing Thing suspended coaster with water effects, inspired by the Flying Super Saturator formerly at Carowinds. Includes interactive plaza with water features/water guns/etc.)
  8. King Kobra (ProSlide HydroMAGNETIC ROCKET)
  9. Volcano: The Water Coaster (ProSLide HydroMAGNETIC MAMMOTH)
  10. Action River (Name needed)
  11. Lazy River (Name needed, space for lounge chairs/cabanas in the center of the island. Safari Monorail crosses over, allowing water to be dumped onto the lazy river.)
  12. Variable wave wave pools (Name needed. Space for cabanas and lounge chairs.)
  13. Haunted River (ProSlide HYBRID family tube slide w/ lighting and projection effects in the tubes)
  14. Name Needed (Former Freestylin', relocated)
  15. Diamond Falls (Former Zoom Flume)
  16. Time Shaft (WhiteWater West SlideWheel, just because I really freakin' want one!!!)
  17. Name needed (FlowRider WaveOz stationary wave, able to handle up to 4 riders simultaneously, pay per play attraction)
Facilities (Red Tags)
  1. New entrance between Apple Zapple and Twisted Timbers
  2. Existing Changing Rooms/Gift Shop/Restrooms/First Aid
  3. Existing food service
  4. Existing food service
  5. Existing food service
  6. New Restrooms
  7. Livingston's (new restaurant)
  8. New Changing Rooms/Gift Shop/Restrooms
  9. New Entrance Plaza/Guest Services/Ticket Sales
  10. Parking Lot
  11. Parking tollbooth
  12. Tunnel under train tracks/Doswell Road
  13. Entrance/Exit from Doswell Road
Lion Country Safari Waterpark.jpg

Last edited:
I love all the creativity and thoroughness of this concept- especially all the clever throwbacks to the park’s history. The only thing I would note is that the park has never owned the “Lion Country Safari” name. Lion Country Safari is actually an independent company that Kings Dominion partnered with under its original owners.

I love all the creativity and thoroughness of this concept- especially all the clever throwbacks to the park’s history. The only thing I would note is that the park has never owned the “Lion Country Safari” name. Lion Country Safari is actually an independent company that Kings Dominion partnered with under its original owners.
Thank you! Although, if the park could magically come up with the cash to make this rather ambitious dream happen, I bet they could throw enough at someone to get the rights to use the name! :)

Another great concept! I drew up a very similar concept (moving the entire waterpark to the south side of Racer, allowing the lake to become a lake again, adding a parking lot and a new gate, etc) on my iPad, but this is far more in depth. Love it!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad