Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
lets-get-wild-kd-banner~2.jpg

Let's Get Wild is a new-for-2022 show in Jungle X-Pedition slated to debut on June 11th. It began public dress rehearsals on June 10th.

Official Description:​

The Whey Foundation proudly presents Let’s Get Wild! Bringing the sights and sounds of Jungle X-Pedition closer than ever. Admire the playful creatures, dance along to the rhythmic atmosphere, and become immersed in our all-new land.

2022 Show Schedule:​

June 11-August 7
3:30, 5:00, 6:30, 8:00
No Shows on Wednesdays

Official Webpage:​

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm STUNNED by the budget and quality of this production. It legitimately looks like it's straight out of BGW in like the early to mid-2010s. It's a dramatic improvement over anything else of this scale that I've ever seen at KD.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

KD has overtaken BGW on dining, theming, and guest experience. It looks to me like they're coming after BGW's entertainment reputation next. What a bloodbath.

Three logistical-type things I thought were super cool about Let's Get Wild:
  1. Ten and five minutes before the show, in-theme announcements play all throughout Jungle X saying that a presentation is about to begin.
  2. The cast "parades" out down the path as they arrive for the show led and followed by two Jungle X-Pedition-themed Jeeps.
  3. Those two Jeeps from the mini-parade are then parked on either side of the stationary trucks—effectively creating a completely surrounded, dedicated performance space for the show.
Absolutely brilliant stuff. Guests seemed super into it too for the record. It drew a really impressive crowd.

Last edited:
Three logistical-type things I thought were super cool about Let's Get Wild:
  1. Ten and five minutes before the show, in-theme announcements play all throughout Jungle X saying that a presentation is about to begin.
  2. The cast "parades" out down the path as they arrive for the show led and followed by two Jungle X-Pedition-themed Jeeps.
  3. Those two Jeeps from the mini-parade are then parked on either side of the stationary trucks—effectively creating a completely surrounded, dedicated performance space for the show.
Absolutely brilliant stuff. Guests seemed super into it too for the record. It drew a really impressive crowd.
Man, I wish I would have gone earlier today..... I can't wait to watch this stuff later this year.

Made it out on Sunday!

This show is awesome. We actually watched it twice.

First of all, the whole layout of the "stage" is so immersive. With the expedition truck stage in the background and seating on the floor on woven mats and on crates it's easy to pretend that you are actually at the X-pedition camp site. They also have 2 Expedition themed Jeeps that are driving around the area along with the performers.

1655734082781.png

The performance is great too. There is so much going on that its hard if not impossible to catch everything in just 1 viewing. They have singers and dancers out along with jugglers, puppeteers stilt walkers and other acrobats. The music is heavy on percussion and also features some songs specifically re-written to tell a story.
The performers also do a great job engaging with the children in the audience.

The costumes fit great into the theme of the area as well and I love the stylized look of the animal puppets.

I am impressed that they came up with a new show like this and it's once again a very promising development for the direction KD is moving in right now.

Just managed to get out to KD for this first time this season, I am blown away by this show. I really hope we get a Cirque show back, but already the quality and variety of performers was mind blowing here! It really was a stark contrast to what's going on in BGW.

Super fun—highly reccomended.

I thought they could use some type of overhead covering for the performers and audience to provide shade - it's going to be brutal in the heat and humidity.

At the park today (Saturday), I was thrilled to see umbrellas setup for the show. Of note, the umbrellas were not there last night (Friday); at least, not for the 8pm showing. So this is a VERY welcome addition!

And @EdK, maybe the park saw your post and took note 🙂

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

I’m pretty sure they put out the rugs and boxes just before the first showtime. Maybe they keep the umbrellas out all day because they’re too much of a pain to move.

Yep, can confirm. They have someone bring all the boxes out and then put out all the rugs ahead of the show with the reverse happening after it concludes. The logistics involved in this show are just fascinating.

Lighting and sound system are setup and they were rehearsing in the amphitheater this afternoon it looks like it is un changed from last year based on what I could see.
20230606_124205.jpg 20230606_151958.jpg 20230606_151936.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Zachary
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad