Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Very nice find @Python_Survivor! Bravo!

Given the shape of the show building, this looks like it should definitely be a clone of LEGOLAND California's space-themed, 2025, indoor coaster! The glimpse at the internal structure of the building gives us our first hints at fragments of the layout too! 👀

Unlike the CA project though, this looks to be just the coaster, not the larger land addition—and I don't see the secondary flat ride CA is getting in these FL plans either. Regardless though, any indoor coaster is always a big win in Florida if you ask me—sure to be an instant hit. Guess I'll be returning to LEGOLAND FL in '25!

Last edited:
Given that the CA coaster is a lauch, this seems like the same layout, and a space theme is a perfect match for a launched, indoor family coaster, I, too, think it's very likely that this will get a space theme as well. Very curious to see how they dress the interior of these rides.

WOW!!!

Great find @Python_Survivor - these plans give us a better look into attraction. Maybe there's the chance we see a pre-show?

The fact this the space coaster is being planned for not just one part but multiple parks gives me the feeling that they are really confident in the attraction. I am excited to hear/see more about this project.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Python_Survivor
WOW!!!

Great find @Python_Survivor - these plans give us a better look into attraction. Maybe there's the chance we see a pre-show?

The fact this the space coaster is being planned for not just one part but multiple parks gives me the feeling that they are really confident in the attraction. I am excited to hear/see more about this project.
Just saying…

Attachments

• 911BB677-DAEB-4235-BB09-0632D6DF5D6C.jpeg
    911BB677-DAEB-4235-BB09-0632D6DF5D6C.jpeg
    555.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Python_Survivor
This bit here makes me wonder theme-wise if it's going to be space-themed as well, given that it is in close proximity to the rest of the Lego City area, with no other demolition or removal apparent.
1706138084384.png
In case anyone still has doubts about the theme this is going to have.

Wasn't there a coaster rumoured for New York in 2025? I guess it would make sense from a marketing standpoint (nationwide TV ads, for example) to get this open at the same time in all US parks.

Edit: Wouldn't be the first time they turn a single ride into its own themed land, either. Ninjago was the same.

Last edited:
\Wasn't there a coaster rumoured for New York in 2025? I guess it would make sense from a marketing standpoint (nationwide TV ads, for example) to get this open at the same time in all US parks.
It would make a lot of sense to do this at Legoland New York, especially since the Christmas event had half the park closed in 2023. That includes both coasters and their new-for-2023 swinging ship. That said, I was really rooting for a junior wooden coaster, or even just something more terrain-based on the hillside. But this makes perfect sense.

Lego also recently pushed "Space" branding across multiple themes this year, so it makes sense for synergy sake: 1706184067313.png

Reactions: MikePat and Zachary
New filings on the Southwest Florida Water Management District seem to indicate Legoland Florida will receive a similar coaster to the new California addition slated for 2025...

View attachment 31240

View attachment 31241
View attachment 31242

As for the site, it's located on the site of Flying School, which closed last year...

Also, the "Proposed Lockers" interests me.
Could someone try to make an overlay/measurement of the building put onto the satellite view of flying school? I want to get an idea of it. It looks a bit small for a coaster, especially with all that queue. Id assume the part that looks like a curved hallway would be the loading area for the coaster

Could someone try to make an overlay/measurement of the building put onto the satellite view of flying school? I want to get an idea of it. It looks a bit small for a coaster, especially with all that queue. Id assume the part that looks like a curved hallway would be the loading area for the coaster
It may even be a legoland submarine ride, but the spaceship shaped statue on the plan makes it seem like it will be space themed

IMG_3115.jpeg Heres a quick guess/speculation of what parts of the building might be.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 31254
This is the result if you throw the permit plan on Google Earth imagery. In comparison to Flying School, it seems bigger than I initially expected.

View attachment 31253
This is an alternative speculative setup for how the building could function.
True, though i think my mapping of the entrance is a bit more realistic, especially since iirc the part you have labeled as the queue on this overlay was labeled for locker space in another. Then again it would also make sense as an entrance.

Just saw this on zierers website. Given the small footprint of the coaster, and legolands history of working with zierer, this might actually be what it is. Maybe not, maybe it would be bigger but if its indeed a launch coaster, it seems to line up with the plans.

Just saw this on zierers website. Given the small footprint of the coaster, and legolands history of working with zierer, this might actually be what it is. Maybe not, maybe it would be bigger but if its indeed a launch coaster, it seems to line up with the plans.

I was talking to a few folks about this possibility last night. I think @CoasterMac found that the layout ZIERER is advertising on their website is actually smaller than we would expect given the building dimensions. Certainly and interesting possibility though!

Even having no indication of ride type, I'd be surprised if it was that. Especially that specific model, it would probably fit inside the building area but not that exact station configuration. Could always be a custom layout though.

Reactions: Zachary
I was talking to a few folks about this possibility last night. I think @CoasterMac found that the layout ZIERER is advertising on their website is actually smaller than we would expect given the building dimensions. Certainly and interesting possibility though!
Of course yeah they may do a custom model if it is the case, or it could like the legoland dragon scenario where it has a dark ride section beforehand.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad