Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Considering the fact that the main set for the Abbeystone Theatre was mainly done in-house, it's very hard to say. I doubt the park would do it themselves, but they probably could have at one point.

I rode this twice this weekend. Both times in 50 degree weather and once in the rain. :p I really enjoyed the new boats. They look great, and are very comfortable, even the front seat backrest which I was sort of skeptical about with my poor experience with Shenandoah's front seat back rests, but these seem to be much better. And luckily they don't have any seat belts or OTSRs, which you never know with BGW. :p And from my experiences, they didn't make much of a difference in splash volume.

The renovated station looked fantastic. I also noticed that they put new block brakes or separators or whatever you call them on a log flume before the second and final drops. They stick up high above the water, and stay up until the boat approaches it and is clear to go.

I wonder if a lot of the renovations are on-going. The only theming I noticed that had been renovated was the signs in the station, there actually seemed to be 1 or 2 new ones at that. The thematic sign at the front was missing, none of the saws were working at the front or in the sawmill. And the stationary saw above the photos area was missing. I hope these things are all still being worked on.

Also, speaking of photos area, the TV display area was covered up, are the TVs being replaced?

They need to put as much care into maintaining special effects as they do in replacing the drawing mannequin at the gliders.

I'm sure they get donations from art students, because those things are completely useless. Unless you want limited range of motion, and something that keeps falling over because the base is the worst. There are far better possible references out there.

(Can you tell that I own one of these? They can have the hand I have too if they want it.)

I feel like it shouldn't be a problem to just get a newer, more reliable motor if its causing a lot of downtime. Of course, I know nothing behind the mechanics of the saw and ride so I can't really make an accurate solutionsolution, now can I?

The thematic sign has returned to the front of Le Scoot, but it isn't just one sign anymore, two thematic signs are on both sides of the pathway leading down to the entrance of Le Scoot! Here are pictures of both:

3Uwmp0m.jpg

JmhRST6.jpg

A Busch Gardens Williamsburg original ride is back in action this summer

RICHMOND, Va – Greg Thacker, Director of Plant Engineering at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, shared some of the ways Busch Gardens Williamsburg is celebrating 40 years of fun, including the rejuvenation of one of the park’s original rides, Le Scoot. This classic log flume debuted with the grand opening of the park in 1975 and will be back in action four decades later in the New France section of the park with a refurbished track and new boats.

Source: http://wtvr.com/2015/05/13/a-busch-gardens-williamsburg-original-ride-is-back-in-action-this-summer/

Permits have been filed for Le Scoot renovations part IV!

sPf1Z18.png

hmq7bRI.png

This year seems to be another big project. From the looks of it, they are planning to replace the entire concrete containment pool below the majority of the ride, along with a few other things.

Shane said:
So anyone think it would be possible to get their hands on one of the old Le Scoot boats?

They just got new ones this past season didnt they? I think i remember reading it somewhere, damn old age i cant remember. And im sure if the money was right you'd have no problems getting one lol. Just the amount it would take would probably be crazy :cool:

I don't know if this was an intentional or not, but the concrete basin underneath the ride and bridge is a great nod to the bridges' real counterpart in Germany. In Germany, the bridge that this one is based off of has a concrete river basin running underneath it. Whoever decided to do that wanted the water to look clear and shimmery. If Busch Gardens actually intended to do that as a tribute to the real thing, then congratulations to them.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad