Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Eagle Ridge

Nah, it was a girl who got with a guy caught by I would like to think obvious reasons :p I would like to think you know how it works.

Reactions: Brandon
RE: Eagle Ridge

We received a tip from a former sky ride operator that it's because security is monitoring the guests to make sure they don't spit, toss coins, ect. The skyride can be very dangerous and that's how security enforces the rules posted in each gondola.

The cameras have been in place for years, over a decade at the very least. The source was unsure of an exact date, but he wouldn't be surprised if there were cameras since it first opened.

Also: Please try to stay on topic. Posts will be moved over to the skyride thread in a moment.

EDIT: Posts moved. Please remember to try to keep the discussions on topic with the thread title.

Skyride

Since there is a discussion about the skyride, I'll go ahead and post what I know:

The cabins are numbered and there is a cabin #50. There are always a few out for maintenance. Total number the park owns: 50

They ran more in the past, but now they run 32.

This deals with dispatch intervals and it does not have to be divisible by three. You see the distance between the stations is not the same and Germany is larger than the other stations. The circuit is not an equilateral triangle.

There are a total of 10 towers on the ride and the highest point is 60ft.

Germany to England is the longest run.

It is also one of the very few rides still operational today that was running in the opening year (1975).

Ta da! :)

Sorry Zachary.. I actually looked through attractions to see if there was a thread about the skyride. I was not looking for L'Aeronaut, so I missed it.

FYI- I was just told on the memories page that the motor is in England, and the counter-weight is in Germany.

chickenking said:
^
I read that on facebook this morning! BGW Memories!! :)

Yep. After our discussion, I thought I would pay a little tribute to the skyride on BGW Memories. Like you, I like to call them sky buckets. Makes me laugh.

:heart:

Like I did for the train, I used Google's "My Tracks" GPS app for my Droid Bionic to collect data for the things I love. Here are some screenshots:

Attachments

• Sky Bucket Loop - Map.jpg
    Sky Bucket Loop - Map.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Sky Bucket Loop - Elevation.jpg
    Sky Bucket Loop - Elevation.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Sky Bucket Loop - Stats.jpg
    Sky Bucket Loop - Stats.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 39
^That was amazing...it's like seeing a best friend you haven't seen in a long time. Wow--now remember what the park used to be like :) .

Nora said:
The cabins are numbered and there is a cabin #50. There are always a few out for maintenance. Total number the park owns: 50
There's your #50 Nora:

Attachments

• Sky Bucket #50.JPG
    Sky Bucket #50.JPG
    396.7 KB · Views: 45
I had the opportunity to speak with a team leader in the England station yesterday. On Sunday (4-28) they were only running 24 buckets. They currently have 46 usable buckets. But those numbers do change depending on crowds and maintenance.

Reactions: chickenking
That is true, the number can fluctuate depending on crowds. But there are 50- but they run 32 max these days. There are 50 cabins though... whether or not they are usable.. that is up to maintenance. 46 total that are out on use and reserve sounds about right. :)

~Oh Sky Buckets!~ My new phrase.

Hi Everyone...
Can someone answer a question for me? I seem to recall, on my first visit to Busch Gardens back in 2000, that the entrance to the England Skyride station was accessed directly from the path from the main entrance, and that you walked up a steep hill to get to the queue, which was situated along the side of the station. The last few times I've been there (most recently this past Sunday 4/28), I've noticed the entrance was behind the station, adjacent to the Sesame Street section, and the path I remember was gone and is now landscaping. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance!

HUGE suggestion for the skyride....
Many of us have small children and it KILLS us to have to take the long way around due to the policy of no strollers on the ride.....and then to add insult to injury, you can't just stay in the bucket for the whole way around. Gotta get off at each station, wait in the queue for the next portion of the circuit.

I guess if you want to pour rubbing alcohol into that wound, you could try & bring up the "stroller station" argument, but come on...You spend $200 for a stroller and they tell you (It's on the sign) to park your stroller here, and if it's not there, just take one. (At least that's how I interpreted it to be)

NOW.....My fix for this would be simple. Allow parents w/only one of those $10 fold up umbrella strollers to take it with them & the kids of course, on the ride. It's exhausting enough to take young ones around the park without having to take the long way around when trying to exit.

Reactions: 92ramsfan
It's pretty hard to fit one of those Busch Gardens strollers into one of those buckets. Fold up strollers should be allowed on, assuming the park doesn't let you bring them. I think that's crazy if they don't.

Skyride always has a crazy line anyway. If you have a stroller, you're better off taking the train out of the park. This may pose a problem during Illuminights when the train closes early for fireworks, but other times it should work.

- Having personal experience with pushing heavy strollers/carts around those pathways, it's definitely a pain but it's a workout in the end. :cool:

Reactions: 92ramsfan
IndyRacingNut said:
You spend $200 for a stroller and they tell you (It's on the sign) to park your stroller here, and if it's not there, just take one. (At least that's how I interpreted it to be)

NOW.....My fix for this would be simple. Allow parents w/only one of those $10 fold up umbrella strollers to take it with them & the kids of course, on the ride.
Just to clarify, you are referring to a stroller you own, not the BG rental, when you mention leaving/taking a stroller right?

I do see strollers on the sky buckets all of the time. Should be no reason why you can't take one with you. I have even seen some of those larger ones in a bucket all by itself. I don't know what the official policy on strollers & sky buckets says, but I would hope the ride operators will work with you on that.

BTW, $200 for a stroller? You guys high rollers or something? Paid about $50 for my pink, JEEP brand special from Target. :cool:

The umbrella-style strollers are the best for travel. Best tip I picked up from a bunch of mommies who travel a lot.

Reactions: Nora
Thank you CK! I never understand why people have to pack their whole life in a stroller when they visit a park. This is all my mom needed in the 70s.

Attachments

• SCAN0040-001.JPG
    SCAN0040-001.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: chickenking
WHOA there, Nellie....I never said I spent $200 on a stroller, but for a decent one that can handle more than one kid, that's pretty much what you gotta pay. Even at Target. :)

And yes, Nora, I agree....If you gotta pack a ton of crap for the kids (which I do) then put it into a backpack that I can wear around the park and/or put it in a locker. Simple. :) Don't need to add extra weight to the stroller when going up and down the hill between Ireland & France....

Nora said:
Thank you CK! I never understand why people have to pack their whole life in a stroller when they visit a park. This is all my mom needed in the 70s.

This is all my Family needed in the early 2000's. I would stay in that stroller all the time unless I was goin to get on a kiddie ride.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad