Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
BG has a much larger standing body of water to breed bugs than KD does. Regardless of its name including the word river, it is a man made, standing water lake, with moderately funky edges and pools. there are plenty of bugs at BG in the evening close to the rhine. Fogging the area with DDT for the first 2 decades of operation has obviously worn off at both parks. (Anyone noticed the large wasp nest on top of Griffon yet?) Dinosaurs alive has the most bugs of any area in KD. Quite far away from 'pond' Charles.

The wasps on top of Griffon are a known problem. According to our coaster tour it has something to do with the ride itself. Some mechanical thingy attracts them. Someone else could probably explain that better.

Reactions: MAZ
I don't know if KD does this, but BG puts a chemical free mix into the Rhine that prevents algae and bug breeding like Mosquitos, which is what gives it it's color.

Reactions: Mushroom and MAZ
Well, Swamp Lake Charles sure as hell could use that stuff. The whole area around Anaconda is a horrid mosquito breeding ground.

One of the fountains in Old Virginia was overflowing yesterday. Looks like it was filled too high with water and the water was spilling out from between one of the rocks onto the pathway.
xynjZfF.jpg

The water was spilling out of the side of the fountain and gushing onto the path.

Vib9Bm0.jpg

It all puddled into the center of the walkway.

TvMJhXJ.jpg

SB222wx.jpg

KnqK3Lo.jpg

These images show how high the water level was. While there is usually a big gap between the water line and the stone border, in some spaces there were literally only a few millimeters of space between the two. It was actually pretty entertaining to look at.

If I had leaned on this backwards for a photo, I would have been swimming in the I-street fountain! It is completely separated from top to bottom. Middle section on the Berserker side.

Attachments

• 0831141808.jpg
    0831141808.jpg
    855.1 KB · Views: 41
Dusting this one off - did anyone else notice the huge paint patch peeling off one of the columns right outside of the park exit?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Thought some of you might appreciate these. Some of the 3D models/prints I've created for random things this year.

Untitled-50.png 20211117_102703.jpg

Games likes to flip the polycarbonate panels on Grizzly Falls for Winterfest, I suppose because it makes the game look like a snow slope rather than the usual mural. The game wasn't really designed with this in mind, so remounting the flipped boards using the pre-drilled holes causes them to be slightly misaligned which further causes issues with the sled tracks. These clips allow the boards to just slot into place and be evenly spaced out without directly mounting them to anything.

Untitled18.png 259175601_337208348167556_467951259031829363_n.jpg

Rounding up these wireless headset mics left in random places admittedly got pretty tiresome, and these wall mounted caddy things have more or less solved that issue.

Untitled-51.png 20211104_140013.jpg

Drain cover for the gem mining sluice. It allows the water and sand to pass through but will prevent plastic bags/leaves/whatever else from going into the reservoir and clogging the water pump. A decent upgrade from the chicken wire that was on it earlier this season I think. 🤠

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad