Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
What if they just turned Backlot, I305, and retheme FOF into their own section themed around cars?

Anaconda is in the middle of all those though, and it’s pretty clear that Anaconda will eventually be brought into Jungle X. Plus, as pointed out earlier, in-universe Jungle X maps also show FOF and what appears to be I305 in the Jungle X lore.

Anaconda is in the middle of all those though, and it’s pretty clear that Anaconda will eventually be brought into Jungle X. Plus, as pointed out earlier, in-universe Jungle X maps also show FOF and what appears to be I305 in the Jungle X lore.
I forgot about the map they posted. Thanks for the pointer!

Reactions: Mushroom
Maps (not Google) and Find Friends now show Kings Dominion in 2022. It looks like the vehicles and some equipment for Let’s Get Wild are stored in the Volcano plot, with a little access path paved next to the Reptilian lift hill base. Kings Dominion

Didn't they repaint those billboards in like 2017? Wow, they faded fast. But a Backlot retheme to fit with the jungle could be one of the things to happen during the 50th celebration. Maybe they are saving it for that time. Also, having the cars represent safari jeeps would actually be a homage to a fallen 1974 classic - Lion Country Safari.

I don't know what the complexities of doing this are, but what if:

Assuming SWO's surf coaster is successful and the concept works well, what if they moved Rougarou to the old Volcano plot (assuming it fits, haven't measured) and convert it to running surf coaster trains?

As a floorless it doesn't really have a home at KD since it'd be too similar to Dominator, and it's not like it's much else but filler at CP. Plus, Rougarou was previously a stand-up as Mantis, so barring a few station modifications to support the surf trains it's likely the overall majority of the track and forces are ok for the conversion.

By moving it, CF wouldn't have to spend as much on filling Volcano's hole as a brand new ride, KD gets something that would presumably knock the wind out of BGW's sails for a bit (assuming it's a fun and comfortable ride for most guests), and CP clears some land for their next large addition after TTD reopens.

I mean... Rougarou as a floorless isn't too bad that I can remember, but gets majorly outshined at CP.

Normal stand-up coasters aren't great (yes, I also rode it as Mantis).

But all I'm saying is if all the assumptions I made work out plus the track/supports gets some pre-KD install refurbishment and it's well-themed within JX, it could be a winner.

I don't know what the complexities of doing this are, but what if:

Assuming SWO's surf coaster is successful and the concept works well, what if they moved Rougarou to the old Volcano plot (assuming it fits, haven't measured) and convert it to running surf coaster trains?

As a floorless it doesn't really have a home at KD since it'd be too similar to Dominator, and it's not like it's much else but filler at CP. Plus, Rougarou was previously a stand-up as Mantis, so barring a few station modifications to support the surf trains it's likely the overall majority of the track and forces are ok for the conversion.

By moving it, CF wouldn't have to spend as much on filling Volcano's hole as a brand new ride, KD gets something that would presumably knock the wind out of BGW's sails for a bit (assuming it's a fun and comfortable ride for most guests), and CP clears some land for their next large addition after TTD reopens.
You’d get a far better ROI just building a new cheaper coaster than relocating an almost 30 year old rough former standup lol

I mean... Rougarou as a floorless isn't too bad that I can remember, but gets majorly outshined at CP.

But all I'm saying is if all the assumptions I made work out plus the track/supports gets some pre-KD install refurbishment and it's well-themed within JX, it could be a winner.
Look @Jonesta6 I appreciate the business thought process here as a CPA and all, that would be a solid cost saving measure and I'm sure the shareholders would love it.

But as coasterauditor I'm gonna need you to take that idea you have about bringing Mantis in as Volcanos replacement and launch it directly into the sun or there will be no consequences whatsoever!

Rougaru or Mantis would get outshined at KD too. It would probably be the 6th or 7th best coaster there assuming the Grizzly rehab goes well and wouldn’t be well received as a Volcano replacement. A location such as Michigans Adventure would be a much better home if Cedar Point sees the need to relocate it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad