Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jackelope said:
mwhinva said:
There are 5 other "Live" shows to be announced. One of those should be the BMX Bike Stunt Show.

I saw the BMX show a few years back and it was a really awesome live experience. I didn't get to see Ramp Jam (which featured a different BMX company) at BGW, but I'm glad they're bringing this back. The roller coasters actually provide a really cool backdrop for it; kind of gives you the "extreme" vibe associated with the event.:)

Kings Dominion never had a BMX Bike Stunt show. This production is in its 4th or 5th year at Cedar Point in 2013 and had been previously produced at Knotts and California's Great America (The show is not at either of these parks for the 2013 season). Dorney Park and Kings Dominion are getting this show as new for 2013.

What show are you referring to? Are you talking about the Mountain Dew touring show that was at the park for about 12-14 days? That show went from park to park and spent just a couple weeks at each. This new show is more of a permanent, larger scale entertainment production that will be performed over a 2 1/2 to 3 month period.

pandorazboxx said:
Broadway is the only one that sounds interesting to me. Any story on that show?

At this point, no. There was no description about any of the show details. I guess we will have to wait until Kings Dominion publishes their show descriptions on their web site. I assume that will happen in the next week or so. The park might still be finalizing the other 5 shows before they are ready to update the website

mwhinva said:
Jackelope said:
I saw the BMX show a few years back and it was a really awesome live experience. I didn't get to see Ramp Jam (which featured a different BMX company) at BGW, but I'm glad they're [BGW] bringing this [Ramp Jam] back. The roller coasters actually provide a really cool backdrop for it; kind of gives you the "extreme" vibe associated with the event.:)

Kings Dominion never had a BMX Bike Stunt show. This production is in its 4th or 5th year at Cedar Point in 2013 and had been previously produced at Knotts and California's Great America (The show is not at either of these parks for the 2013 season). Dorney Park and Kings Dominion are getting this show as new for 2013.

What show are you referring to? Are you talking about the Mountain Dew touring show that was at the park for about 12-14 days? That show went from park to park and spent just a couple weeks at each. This new show is more of a permanent, larger scale entertainment production that will be performed over a 2 1/2 to 3 month period.

I think Jackelope was referring to Ramp Jam at BGW which will be returning for 2013 since their post was all about Ramp Jam, just a wild guess though.

netdvn said:
Ramp Jam doesn't have a coaster backdrop. He was probably referring to KD's Mountain Dew BMX thing.

The Dew BMX touring show was set up on the blacktop at the western end of the Grove, (around 2-3 years ago - in 2010 or 2011), just in front of where the Windseeker is now. They had a small, portable set of ramps about 7-8 feet high and about 30-40 feet apart. They had 3 or 4 people who would perform at each show. Again, this was some 3rd party tour that visited most of the parks in the Cedar Fair chain for 12-14 days at each one before moving on to the next. If Kings Dominion's version of the show is like the one at Cedar Point, "All Wheels Extreme", then this is a pretty big set up with 10-12 performers in each show.

mwhinva said:

Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear in my last post; I did mean this one. The backdrop I was talking about was Hurler and Rebel Yell, and it actually was a really entertaining show.

Reactions: Zachary
Kings Dominion has updated their Entertainment section on their web site. No big surprises as far as the major shows are concerned. The new kiddie shows are listed.

http://www.kingsdominion.com/things-to-do/live-entertainment

Also, the show run dates have been set. The 2 big shows "On Broadway" and "All Wheel Sports" are going to be performed just during the prime summer season (Mid-June | Mid-August). The remaining "Live" shows have an Opening Day show start date and will run through Labor Day Weekend. (Exception is "Street Beats" which starts April 27th through Labor Day). "Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular" and "Nights of Fire" have their own run dates.

Once thing I noticed is that "Got Country" show details states it will be performed on the "Grove Stage". Hmmmmmmm. . . . .

Reactions: b.mac and Zachary
Well, it appears that KD made a slight change to the 2013 show descriptions. They have combined "Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular", "Nights of Fire" and "Street Beats" into one show designation called "Dominion at Dusk". "Street Beats" keeps its own show description on the web entertainment section. The show descriptions for SSS and NOF have disappeared from the web site. (Only on 10pm closings starting April 27th).

Reactions: b.mac and Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad