Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Love the changes they did with having the food ready to go rather than having to wait for the burgers to be cooked.
Also liked that they added menu options.

That being said: the chicken was horrendous though. Do not recommend.

Reactions: outhikn and Mwe BGW
Love the changes they did with having the food ready to go rather than having to wait for the burgers to be cooked.
Also liked that they added menu options.

That being said: the chicken was horrendous though. Do not recommend.
I wish parks could find a way to make it half way on that. Something kinda ready but something that is quickly prepared and served.

I ate at the Juke Box Diner this past weekend, and I was impressed by the recent changes for 2022.

In the past, the menu consisted primarily of burgers, and the option of either fries or onion rings as a side.

This year, the entree options are the same typical burgers. But also a new pot pie or chicken fried steak (where I agree with @Nibbins above, that the latter does not look very appetizing). And as mentioned above, they typically have the entrees (BBQ burger, cheese burger, pot pie, and chicken) ready when you walk in; which should hopefully help reduce wait times.

But what I was most impressed with, is how other than fries or onion rings as sides, you now have the additional options of either alfredo mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, or seasonal vegetables - where I'm surprised KD did not mention this menu enhancement in their 2022 food blog post.

Another change is that all the burgers consist of two patties; where last year, the double burger was an up-charge. Granted though, the patties are on the thin side, but are very good.

So I think it's great that the park is trying to diversify the two burger restaurants:
  • The Jungle Market Eatery (Hungry Hippo), that does the typical burger and fry baskets.
  • And Juke Box Diner, which differentiates itself, by having multiple entree and side options, for families with different taste preferences.
IMG_6136.jpeg
IMG_6138.jpeg

I agree with @outhikn - Juke Box recieved some really great enhancements to the menu. I got the Chicken Pot Pie with Alfredo mac n cheese and it was great. My biggest complaint was the food wasn't warm and felt as if it was sitting for a while and I went about a hour after park open. The biscuit for the pot pie had great texture and crumpled perfectly. The Alfredo mac n cheese needed to a bit more salt (but I put salt on everything so take that as you will) , but it still had great flavor and texture. I could have taken better pictures, but here they are anyways.

Attachments

• 20220410_120555_wm.jpg
    20220410_120555_wm.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 20220410_120257_wm.jpg
    20220410_120257_wm.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • 20220410_120245_wm.jpg
    20220410_120245_wm.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28
I can eat the chicken pot pie (I don't eat red meat), so I may have to try that when we go this season. It looks good. I wish they offered a plant-based burger, though. What I'd really prefer is a good black bean burger, but something like a beyond or impossible burger would be good too. Do they offer any of those anywhere at the park?

Reactions: mtpelepele
Article on burgers being the #1 food amongst Americans

Another article where burgers are ranked as #3 American food

3rd article that pops up also has burgers at #1

Another one that ranks burgers at 1

And even CNN gave burgers a #2 spot behind Thanksgiving dinner

Burgers are about as American as it gets… and being a park in America… I shouldn’t even have to explain this one. Even if the burgers at Juke Box were the biggest pieces of garbage on this planet you’d still see people outside at the tables eating them. KD now has some of the more diverse eating options in the industry, I’m sure a few burger stands aren’t going to hurt anything.

Reactions: AlpenChariot
s eating them. KD now has some of the more diverse eating options in the industry, I’m sure a few burger stands aren’t going to hurt anything.
maybe if you read those articles you would learn that burgers are bad for you and can actually hurt people. but, eh, eat ur burgers all you, i'll be sticking with my delicious plant based whopper for days! 😋

btw this building is hella ugly they should tear it down, then they could tear down windseeker and twister timbers and richoshit and grizzly. then they would have a nice plot for a huge launch coaster to combat with busch gardens. wonder how much it would cost to move top thrill dragster here? anyone know, probably not that much right?

maybe if you read those articles you would learn that burgers are bad for you and can actually hurt people. but, eh, eat ur burgers all you, i'll be sticking with my delicious plant based whopper for days! 😋

btw this building is hella ugly they should tear it down, then they could tear down windseeker and twister timbers and richoshit and grizzly. then they would have a nice plot for a huge launch coaster to combat with busch gardens. wonder how much it would cost to move top thrill dragster here? anyone know, probably not that much right?

Dude, TTD wouldn't be that big, the park has plenty of land elsewhere, and honestly it wouldn't be competing against BGW with that but SFGadv depending on how high it goes... Assuming Intamin or any other manufacturer would sell and build it (thought Intamin discontinued the model though I could be wrong).

How about proposing a somewhat realistic change to the park's rides lineup, not just bananas concepts that'll likely never see the light of day?

Reactions: Coasternerd
they could tear down windseeker and twister timbers and richoshit and grizzly.
I agree with Apple Zapple. Everything else though really should stay. Windseeker, despite its sporadic operation because of its well known enemy, wind, it’s a fun ride when you can ride it. Twisted Timbers is one of the newest rides in the park, and my favorite at KD, why tear it down? It’s an absolute beast of a ride. Grizzly gives great night rides, even if it can be a bit rough. Adds to the charm.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad