Existing Jack Hanna Trail

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Feb 9, 2013
RE: Jack Hanna's Wild Reserve

They marked utility markings all the way to the train station in Festa, but they're not doing anything directly in that area.

Reactions: Connor and Nicole
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia

They did mention that they would have small stands set-up throughout the park so I imagine these are the kind of things will see in the park. Also, I heard a rumor that the wagon was refurbished as PR said.

Zimmy

Nessie thinks it is not polite to ask her age!
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach

Nicole said:
As I've mentioned before, we had a cabana for Pass Member Preview Day, so we were based right in the middle of the Wild Reserve.  The park did an amazing job with the animal exhibits, in my opinion.  I think we managed to see them all, because of our periodic treks back to the cabana.  The serval and lemurs were a huge highlight for me on Saturday.  But all of the birds and even the rat they had out were great, as well.  The serval's personal story will make you very angry, however.  (We spent a fair amount of time talking with the trainer at his exhibit.)

I have mentioned in the past that BGW needs to add more animal exhibits, and I think maybe this year they are moving in that direction.  Once the Irish Setters are old enough to be in the show, the Collies will be back at the stables, according to the trainer we were talking to Saturday morning.  And if the other rumors are true, it sounds as if there will be several more animal exhibits, as well.

I for one am very excited to see more animals at BGW.
:(

Reactions: Nicole
Feb 9, 2013

Nicole said:
She is an adorable new "ambassador animal."
Agreed. She has really beautiful colors, especially when she spreads her wings. She's also very affectionate to the keepers because she doesn't have a flock of her own. Loved watching her.

Reactions: Nicole

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond

I didn't see any noticeable loss of wildlife today. They have covered up their 'cuts' very well.

Reactions: Jake
Feb 9, 2013

We talked to the head of Zoology and she acknowledged the cuts, actually. She said it was going to be an interesting transition this year. However, she also did point how the cuts could be beneficial in a way, more time for the existing animals, more resources, more space. More animals will be coming back out to their park habitats as the weather warms up, also.

Feb 9, 2013

Here are some pics of the renovated gypsy wagon in its new/old spot in the Wild Reserve:

It seems as if there was a decently big renovation done to it. Considering wood was falling off of it by the end of last season, I'd say it looks a lot better. A complete paint job was done, also the shade of burgundy is a bit darker, and the trimming paint seemed kind of rushed, there are some sloppily done areas, but nothing instantly noticeable unless you get a closer look. A glossy protective coat seemed to have been put over it too, which will hopefully slow down the wear-and-tear process in the future.

Now, it seems as if something is planned to be done with and/or around this wagon. The reason I say that is the two benches in the fenced off area, which is actually fairly large for a prop. Also, the mulch laid down here is different from regular mulch, its pieces are much larger, like it was meant to be walked on. But who knows, I guess we'll see.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad