Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
They didn't keep very much of the original wood for Twisted Timbers either. The vast majority of it was torn down and built back up. The idea that RMC reuses existing structure in these conversion is highly over-stated. I think they keep a small amount of the original structure just so they can say they did. They'd probably rather tear it all down.
For Timbers they didn't take a single thing over 20 feet tall down to the ground. They took out turns whose inner rails were the lowest part of the track, lead-ins to those which didn't match the final route, and valleys between hills where the track ended up lower than original. Since a lot of it was semi-low to the ground anyway, that maybe didn't leave much beyond the large lift-drop structure but they weren't starting or ending with a coaster near as large as this was or will be. In this case it looks like one side is being removed and they're still replacing a larger amount of the other.
 
I wanna know how well-received the og Gwazi was to the public.
If it was very well-received, I’d say it deserves a fitting requiem...

Why not name RMC Gwazi “Gwazi Requiem” or smthg? Especially if it’s not gonna be dueling, as that’d be a great reference to Mozart’s Requiem, which was left incomplete, much like how RMC Gwazi would seem somewhat incomplete without the dueling aspect.

Perhaps, however, this is just another dumb idea of mine...
 
I wanna know how well-received the og Gwazi was to the public.
If it was very well-received, I’d say it deserves a fitting requiem...

Why not name RMC Gwazi “Gwazi Requiem” or smthg? Especially if it’s not gonna be dueling, as that’d be a great reference to Mozart’s Requiem, which was left incomplete, much like how RMC Gwazi would seem somewhat incomplete without the dueling aspect.

Perhaps, however, this is just another dumb idea of mine...
Gwazi was hit or miss. Some liked it a ton, others hated it. It was probably smoother than a ton of woodies I’ve ridden but it was the roughest in the area soooo...

Ultimately the ride cost wayyy too much to run and saw very low crowd draw so they closed it.
 
For Timbers they didn't take a single thing over 20 feet tall down to the ground. They took out turns whose inner rails were the lowest part of the track, lead-ins to those which didn't match the final route, and valleys between hills where the track ended up lower than original. Since a lot of it was semi-low to the ground anyway, that maybe didn't leave much beyond the large lift-drop structure but they weren't starting or ending with a coaster near as large as this was or will be. In this case it looks like one side is being removed and they're still replacing a larger amount of the other.

Maybe they kept a bunch, but I still think they only do that just so they can call it a conversion. I doubt they save much money, and then you get things like Untamed being shut down for cracking beams as noted. It makes no sense to me. Just tear the thing down and make it all new. It's got to be easier and cheaper to just tear it down and built it back up and it's going to be more reliable and less costly in the long run.
 
Supposedly if you take your time going through it slow you can see the entire layout. Not sure if true, though, since I didn't do that. I think it's funny how in the animation the inversions have no support structure at all.
 
I wonder how much of this was part of the original "pitch" or concept from RMC? I only wonder because of track coloration. Either way, looks to be a great addition. But, other than some footers, to me this is more Zadra (new build) than Untamed (rebuilt conversation).
 
Maybe they kept a bunch, but I still think they only do that just so they can call it a conversion. I doubt they save much money, and then you get things like Untamed being shut down for cracking beams as noted. It makes no sense to me. Just tear the thing down and make it all new. It's got to be easier and cheaper to just tear it down and built it back up and it's going to be more reliable and less costly in the long run.
It seems odd and wasteful to me to tear down a wood coaster to make another wood coaster. The best or only way to reuse that lumber is as it was. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Even if it doesn't make that much difference, it seems to cross a line. But some of the structures that are reused are substantial, and if the ride follows the original path so it can reuse the footers there will be similarity. Also some of the old wood is hard to match in quality now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zachary
In Tampa and Orlando this next week or so. Can't wait to ride everything down here. Made a pit stop at Busch Gardens on the way out of Tampa tonight
17487
 
Is this going to have two lift hills or are they finding a way to carry the momentum through twice the track length, or is it not twice the track length? They are changing it from dueling to one set of track, right?
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad