Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Went from track incomplete to full runs in under 24 hrs.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean that really got outta hand fast!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Reactions: ControlsEE
There's also going to be longer testing with Pantheon because you need to dial in the launches

Reactions: Le Moose
It seems to be exclusively an Intamin thing. Can't recall a B&M, RMC, etc. doing a full, real-car pull-through test, although I'm sure they do routine clearance checks.

I'm not really sure why Intamin do it. I can understand a pull-through for the brake & launch sections to make sure all fins are aligned, but for the entire course? Weird.

Reactions: Le Moose
It seems to be exclusively an Intamin thing. Can't recall a B&M, RMC, etc. doing a full, real-car pull-through test, although I'm sure they do routine clearance checks.

I'm not really sure why Intamin do it. I can understand a pull-through for the brake & launch sections to make sure all fins are aligned, but for the entire course? Weird.

Maybe they are shoot from the hip and just hope it works out in the end.

New video from the park!

Seriously, props to BGT marketing for this. It ran its first cycles earlier today and BGT got a good video with some super neat angles out before end-of-business day-of. Can Tampa send some of this motivation up to Williamsburg...?

New video from the park!

Seriously, props to BGT marketing for this. It ran its first cycles earlier today and BGT got a good video with some super neat angles out before end-of-business day-of. Can Tampa send some of this motivation up to Williamsburg...?

What??? A social media/marketing team doing what they should be doing? That's crazy talk.

Manta at SWO had a pull through, though that probably had more to do with themeing than anything else.

So I just watched the official BGT testing video and noticed that the very last shot, you can see a GoPro mounted on the front bumper. Hopefully will get a "first test pov" sometime before opening, or better yet, pretty soon! Glad to see that *this* marketing team is actually ahead of the ball.
20200310_133715.jpg

Last edited:
First is always the programmer, just to quickly flush out any major bugs. If it was Brian from IOE, he was probably doing that all night last night. Then usually the Manufacturing company's owner and high level park staff, as well as some construction workers from the site. I'm guessing programming went ok if RMC (and presumably the park too) is already taking the first few rides. Hopefully this means it will be ready relatively sooner! Brian from IOE told me that it is quite frustrating to insist on making the park personnel wait, as they are always really excited and want to ride first, but the program is not complete, so he (or Ann) always rides first to work out things like lift chain engagements and friction brake timings.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad