Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
The following is purely satirical:

Ladies and gents, I present to you:
i305, presented by Apple. The very first iRollercoaster!*

*must have valid Apple product to ride. If you do not have an Apple product, you may purchase a ride on i305 for $89.99. Rerides may be purchased for an additional $19.99. Upgrade to an all day ride wristband for i305 for only $39.99 extra.
It’ll go along great with the Apple Zapple.
IMG_0144.png

I don't know they are merging with Six Flags and we all know how much Six Flags likes their sponsorship placement.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's happened, maybe they can retheme flight of fear to isoundwave (you know, at one point, after losing the outer limits ip, paramount almost rethemed the ride mtv soundwave)

Reactions: Mwe BGW
you know, at one point, after losing the outer limits ip, paramount almost rethemed the ride mtv soundwave
HOT TAKE: This would have been an awesome theme for an indoor launch coaster. Having strobe lights/fog machines/other special effects going off while rock music plays in the background would have been insane.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Do it like Verbolten with random different shows for each cycle.
  • Classic rock
  • Modern rock
  • Hip Hop
  • EDM
  • 80's
  • 90's
  • Etc...
This would honestly be quite easy to refresh annually if they were willing to go through the licensing shenanigans and could probably be applied to any coaster that has sound (even if they somehow added sound to P305 just so I don't get yelled at for going off topic on the thread 🤭).

That's highly unrealistic for the amount they'd likely be willing to spend on the onboard audio systems, maintenance to the system, and music licensing fees.

But on the musical track - one thing I appreciated about the Dale Earnhardt theme is that southern rock would play in the area mixed with some general classic rock. Granted, I'm not sure it was still playing in the last few seasons with the encroachment of Fun TVs everywhere, but I'm curious if the JX retheme will be carried through in the soundscape?

I know. I was just being a smart ass about staying on topic.

By the way, I noticed that the ridiculously bright flood lights in the turnaround of Rebel Yell have been turned off. Hopefully this isn't a temporary change while they're giving TLC to that coaster; it has allowed true night rides to return to I-305! Those lights being off/removed make a huge difference. I hope they get wise and cut the lights on Grizzly as well.

By the way, I noticed that the ridiculously bright flood lights in the turnaround of Rebel Yell have been turned off. Hopefully this isn't a temporary change while they're giving TLC to that coaster; it has allowed true night rides to return to I-305! Those lights being off/removed make a huge difference. I hope they get wise and cut the lights on Grizzly as well.
I wish either Racer or Grizzly got tracer lights. Something special about riding a woodie at night with those. Just feels charming and old school.

Of the two I wish Racer would get them. Wouldn't ruin the night ride on 305 because they wouldn't be that bright.

The chaser lights they added to Racer for the 40th were fantastic. They added so much nighttime ambience to the whole park, since you could see them pretty much anywhere in Candy Apple Grove and even parts of Safari Village (at the time). If I were in charge of planning the park’s 50th, bringing back the chaser lights for Racer would be near the top of my wish list.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad