Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
My $0.02 way to do WiFi and make it great:
1st network for the GP. No password needed, just a connection splash page. Won't be incredibly fast, will be heavily used, more a service than anything else.
2nd network for passes, fun cards, and low level memberships. Not the greatest network, but it is password enabled, with a new monthly password that is emailed out.
3rd network for the top level membership. Again password enabled with monthly passwords emailed out. Would be the best available WiFi, used by the least number of people to keep speeds up.

To 'offset' the investment for this, I would reach out to Comcast (blah), Verizon, AT&T and other internet providers to put in the networks. Let that top level be 'experimental' for whoever puts it in. Let them put their name all over the splash page. Basically work out a quid pro quo so that they do this for free for you.

I've been to a basketball arena that did something like this and the connection even through the general ticket sales was great.

I am glad to hear about the improved service. Mostly because I have a small child who at times depending on when we go is at home with family because we come for howl o scream and I like being easier to reach. im sure a lot of people have found this great especially if you have kids in the park who want to walk on their own and cam still be reached

My $0.02 way to do WiFi and make it great:
1st network for the GP. No password needed, just a connection splash page. Won't be incredibly fast, will be heavily used, more a service than anything else.
2nd network for passes, fun cards, and low level memberships. Not the greatest network, but it is password enabled, with a new monthly password that is emailed out.
3rd network for the top level membership. Again password enabled with monthly passwords emailed out. Would be the best available WiFi, used by the least number of people to keep speeds up.

To 'offset' the investment for this, I would reach out to Comcast (blah), Verizon, AT&T and other internet providers to put in the networks. Let that top level be 'experimental' for whoever puts it in. Let them put their name all over the splash page. Basically work out a quid pro quo so that they do this for free for you.

I've been to a basketball arena that did something like this and the connection even through the general ticket sales was great.

You don't need to do it that way. Wifi networks with user logins(ie passmember accounts) work.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad