Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 21, 2012
Hey there! I'm just going to go country by country and make some suggestions as to what they could do to improve the park tenfold.

England: Not much can actually be done here, ride-wise. However, I think it would be awesome to see them put on a Shakespearian production inside the Globe. Maybe one of his comedies like "A Midsummer's Night Dream." Obviously it'd have to be condensed, but it would be cool to see a Shakespeare play in the Globe Theatre right here in America.

Scotland: Again, not much can be done here. It's the smallest hamlet the park has, and is landlocked with no room for expansion.

Ireland: Like others have said before, EiTA has gotta go! I think the introduction of a dark ride or mini-coaster would be perfect for the building it currently occupies. The building is huge and could easily fit a little something extra.

Wild Reserve: More...Pet Shenanigans needs an update. I know they just added two new animal acts this year, but the show is the same that it has been for a while now.

France: Royal Palace Theatre should be restored to its former glory with the palace facade for the entrance. A nightly (even if just for IllumiNights) Kinetix-esque show should return. It would definitely be an awesome addition to IllumiNights.

New France: It's been said before, but New France is Canada. It should be rethemed to fit the European atmosphere for Switzerland or Holland or even like Finland or something. It would not be too difficult seeing as how these countries are log cabin style countries.

Germany: Germany needs something new. An upgrade is needed for LoD so as to attract more families. I have noticed that FoF often times is a lot busier than LoD on busy and even slow days. An upgrade to the carousel would also be nice. I know they will never get rid of the current carousel (it's over 100 years old), but maybe take a nod from Six Flags and add a second story to it or something this area hasn't seen before. Also, I think Entwined could make a cool street show. Maybe have Red and Hansel and Gretel running around and the witch chasing them. Obviously the show would have to be reworked and some little stages would have to be built (especially for the summer months when that area is crowded), but since it is based off of Grimms Brothers tales, which originated in Germany (not a beer drinking festival), it would be great.

Oktoberfest: If Entwined moves, obviously something has to take its place in the Festhaus. Updated This Is Oktoberfest! The original show was getting old. All they had to do was add some songs and maybe some special effects or props and it would've been fine. I'll agree Entwined should not be in Festhaus, but I understand why it was (for those of you wondering, the GP was getting tired of TIO, so the park decided to put in a show that continues with the theme of Verbolten, the Black Forest. Since the Grimm tales are set in the Black Forest, having a show based off of them in conjunction with Verbolten made the most sense). But just bring back TIO with a little extra bang.

Italy: There isn't much that can be done for Italy. Bring back the little wooden guy on Little Gliders and it'll be golden.

Festa: Greece. I don't care how, but make it happen!

FoF: It's fine the way it is.

Parkwide: Street. Performers. One thing that Disney does well on is the streetside entertainment. I think the park should follow Disney's footsteps and have street performers come out and play. Imagine walking through Scotland listening to a Scotsman playing live bagpipes. Imagine learning how to jig by a Leprechaun. Imagine walking through Festa and joining in on the festivities with the jesters and acrobats. Imagine walking through Aquitaine and being flirted on by the cute French girls/boys in the language of love. Street performers not only enhance the park experience for guests, but also creates a lot of jobs!

Those are just some of my suggestions. I know not all of them are feasible, but if they were to happen, BGW would really be able to compete on other levels with Disney and Universal, etc.

RE: How to Make the Park 10x Better

I was at LOD on Saturday it was like 6 o clock and im pretty sure there was like a dozen people there. i dont understand why the park needs 2 children areas. most parks have one and FoF is plenty big enough. i say you put a new attraction in there. maybe a flat ride because i don't think the areas big enough for a coaster.

smitty915 said:
I was at LOD on Saturday it was like 6 o clock and im pretty sure there was like a dozen people there.

LOD gets really crowded in the summer and earlier in the day. (FOF gets packed).

I agree with most of your points. Lemme add my 2 cents though.

- Entwined doesn't need to be moved. It just needs a bunch of tweaks in costume/story. Get rid of the mascots, make the story more cohesive, and make it darker and you have a great show.
- I was thinking about expanding the street shows for Illuminights so that the actors wander the streets between shows interacting with guests. Legend of Killarney is the only show that has any form of guest interaction so expand on that. More mini stages for street performers would be awesome.

Ride-wise the park really could use some bigger flats and maybe one coaster or two in a few years.

Double decker carousel @_@. I don't think any Six Flags has one and the only modifications to one recently by Six Flags was GAdv's; which went through a 3 year refurbishment project to bring it back to its original glory. Time Warner took horrible care of that carousel and Shapiro didn't do much better, so that definitely was beneficial to Six Flag's "iconic" carousel. Busch however takes much, much better care of their rides, so I can't see that carousel needing anything more than a few parts replacements, some sanding and a fresh coat of paint years from now.

I agree about more street performers. There used to be a lot of these years ago that were fun to watch. The boogie band, the rainmaker, the rat guy, jugglers at the entrance of the Globe Theatre. Now all I see are the few exhibits they have during Illuminights and the animal handlers with the birds and snakes. Definitely would liven up some of the areas that don't have much going on.

Reactions: jman89
I'd actually like to see some improvements to the parking. I've been going there for a long time and know the ropes, but it's rather confusing to people new to the park. It's hard to tell where you're supposed to go with all those little cones, and the people directing traffic aren't always that well trained to give clear signals. From a distance, the cones just look like they're scattered all over the road. They need some larger barricades that clearly show what ways are closed and some changeable signs pointing you in the right direction.

Then I would adding walking paths to all the lots and replace the tram with something more like a commuter rail. Kind of like the old brewery tour tram. It would be mostly standing and stop level with the platform. That would make it a whole lot easier on people with strollers.

Reactions: Julia
I agree with you and think they could've done better with the parking. You feel almost like a mouse in maze with all those cones.

Well I think the park did well with the parking... at least they aren't like every other theme park I have been to where they only have one big parking lot and you have to walk no matter where you parked

I know kd has that. Universal has a big garage with moving walkways six flags has One big lot. all cedar fair parks have one big lot. Disney is the only park i can think of besides bg that has transport to the front gate

Has anyone seen the parking lot filled all the way, and when did they raise prices for preffered parking because it seems higher then it was last year

Apollogeist said:
Has anyone seen the parking lot filled all the way, and when did they raise prices for preffered parking because it seems higher then it was last year

Parking lots get full to capacity every saturday for Howl-o-Scream and Fourth of July.

Prices for parking and General Admission tend to be raised a dollar or so each year.

Apollogeist said:

I hd to park in auxiliary parking once. You took a tram from way over across the street back to the main property. Surprisingly, though, the park didn't seem like it was that busy.

Doc Dollars said:
Apollogeist said:

I hd to park in auxiliary parking once. You took a tram from way over across the street back to the main property. Surprisingly, though, the park didn't seem like it was that busy.
One time I had to wait for an hour and a half for parking on pass member preview day. Then I got in the park and it wasn't even busy. I was so confused.

The parking lot was empty, but there was lots of people in the park but there was no lines, 20 min wait for verbolten was the longest but it was walk ons for everything other then that and a 2 min wait for griffon

My definition of crowded is long lines.if there's lots of people I usually just go through the smallest opening in the crowd to get around. Sometimes it pays off having a small body ;)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad