Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 3, 2010
Newport News, VA
So, the Intimidator contract can't last but so long, so she'll need to be rethemed at some point. I present Project Galaxi. A little nostalgia, a little of the space theme from Orion, and something that can be continued from Flight of Fear, making a unified theme for this area. I based the trains off of the Boeing X37B. The shells would be retained with some minor fiberglass work, and the addition of the winglets on the lead cars. I debated back and forth about making the trains X-75 or X-305, still not really convinced one way or the other. Working on some renderings of the area, I'll get to them sometime soon.

Project Galaxi.png

We are finishing up the 10th season with the Intimidator 305 theme and it does make you wonder how long that contract will stay signed. I love the nostalgia of this and think "Galaxi" would be a great re-theme option for the entire area, especially when/if Anaconda gets replaced.

You never know, Cedar Fair may keep that license for all eternity. But in the meantime, it's just fun to play! I haven't had a chance to add railings, fences, retaining walls, and other fiddly bits, but here's what I have so far. Really, slap some paint on things, replace a car with a shuttle, it's not a difficult retheme! I think the most expensive change I have here is replacing the shade structures. I went a little more Apollo than Shuttle with the parachutes, but I think they look better! Full disclosure, I was inspired by the outdoor space museum in Grand Turk for the parachutes as shade structures.
render1.png render2.png render3.png

Reactions: Zachary
This looks amazing. The train design is awesome and I LOVE how the logo incorporates the lift hill into a NASA-like design.

What if they literally named the ride I-305? Where I-305 is the code name of the shuttles, for the “Ignus” mission? Or something like that. That way the name would fit thematically but still keep a mostly consistent name for such an iconic coaster.

I think they probably want to drop the name, but the problem is the name is such a key part of the ride. People will ask "What's the purple one?" in reference to Apollo's Chariot or "What's the one where you go inside and launch?" in reference to FOF, but Intimadator is a marquee coaster where everyone knows the name. In the same way everyone knows that yellow coaster that snakes through the woods at BGW is LNM, it's a known fact that this coaster is Intimadator. Changing the name is only going to confuse guests who have visited the park and those who have heard of the coaster. Also, this is a giga coaster, it has a much larger impact on the skyline of the park than something like Racer 75 and changing the name of something like that will be very hard for people to adapt to.

However, I think this is a very cool concept and I absolutely love the logo.

Reactions: Intimidator325
I never even considered the idea that they'd have to re-theme it. I approve of this re-theme. But what will be the callout when they send you off?

What if they literally named the ride I-305? Where I-305 is the code name of the shuttles, for the “Ignus” mission? Or something like that. That way the name would fit thematically but still keep a mostly consistent name for such an iconic coaster.
This has been on my mind for a WHILE now. In my experience, I honestly think the ride is referred to as 'I-305' internally at the park. I've heard Tony call it that, I've seen it in other park documents, and other stuff. I feel like they're already prepared for when they have to drop 'Intimidator' from the name. Could be me just overthinking it a bit, but I thought I’d add it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mushroom
So... If they keep the racing/cars theme it wouldn't be hard to convert the rest of the rides in Safari Village to become something of a winners circle instead of Africa.

Avalanche is a already bobsleigh race, there's already a race/cars thing going on with BSC (that's a whole other basket of overhaul on theming elements), and FoF could be outrun the aliens with some minor signage and prop updates. The Crypt could somehow become a mechanic garage pit while it's still operating.

Then whatever the new ride is could be an actual racer of some sort, assuming it's a coaster and not a flat.

Or they go space for FoF and i305, then still have a mismash of random themes in an African village.

Last edited:
Or they could make FOF and I305 part of an “X-Base” type sub-area and then the only thematic outlier would be Backlot Stunt Coaster. I think we’re forgetting how the architecture and infrastructure is already predominantly African in theme, so totally retheming the area would be more dubious than cleaning up the African theme.

I agree. A space retheme would be cool. Much like Twisted Timbers, it would only get the effect during night time. It all depends on the tone of theme. Do they go for a spooky theme or more of a mild family theme like an Apollo Mission or some sort of Asteroid. Overall, here are my ideas.

1. Alien theme(Riders discover an Outpost location where E.T's has reversed engineered a government vehicle into a high speed escape craft)

2. Ghost theme(An ancient burial ground is unearthed. As a result a poltergeist is unleashed and daring anyone to venture on the transit system that occupies the site)
- track color (Purple)
- special/night effects(lightning, dense fog and pyrotechnics)
- Queue area(Illuminating tombstones, Indoor queue with artificial candle light and glowing hyrogliphics writing on walls)

Last edited:
Reactions: buckler89
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad