Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 30, 2010
Saw the show today. Looks like they took out a few bits. No fox, no vulture and no bit about the girl not picking up after her lunch. I thought it was a bit short now too. Also the background music was louder than the lady doing the talking.

On the plus side, there was another wolf behind the audience howling the whole time. That was pretty cool.

At the Predators show this weekend, I had a close encounter. While trying to get a good shot of the Harris Hawk, I failed to notice I was in the flight path. This normally wouldn't be much of a problem, but I am 6'5". Not a lot of room for our flying buddy to maneuver.

Attachments

• Predators - Red Fox.JPG
    Predators - Red Fox.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
  • Predators - Harris Hawk 1.JPG
    Predators - Harris Hawk 1.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 43
  • Predators - Harris Hawk 2.JPG
    Predators - Harris Hawk 2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 44
We're going to catch this show on the 6th when we make it down. The last time we caught it was the infamous Eagle hopping the fence day. We were in the Predators Stage Area when this happened. Our kids wanted to go the the viewing area and we wouldn't let them just in case of an "Eagle Snack" going on. Bad joke I know. But the wildlife crew was in charge of the situation as best they could and handled it well. They actually moved some wolves into the stage area to hold them while the Eagle was being retrieved. I guess it was easier to move them there than to get them into individual enclosures. Are the show times on the web still right or are they changing from week to week? Any info is appreciated.

I don't think I've ever seen the Predators show listed on the BGW site this year. The times listed for Sunday were :

11:30
3:30
5:00

It was the same on all my Friday and other Sunday HOS maps as well. Couldn't tell you about Saturday though.

Reactions: VACoasterFan
chickenking said:
At the Predators show this weekend, I had a close encounter. While trying to get a good shot of the Harris Hawk, I failed to notice I was in the flight path. This normally wouldn't be much of a problem, but I am 6'5". Not a lot of room for our flying buddy to maneuver.

We went to the show this past Sunday and it was packed. We knew we stood right in the flight path right away. When she flew over my head she actually hit me this time, with something definitely not claws though. I'm guessing it was the small leather strap that may have hit me but I don't know. The show went perfectly though, all the animals did great. We go to this show almost every time we are there and theres almost always something that goes wrong, big or small. One time the fox didn't want to go back in his hold, the next time the Harris' Hawk flew away and sat in the tree behind the stage. At one point she flew towards Wolf Valley and they got a little worried for her then.

Not sure how many people are aware of this, but if you're at BGW on a sweltering hot day, be sure to stop by Secret Life of Predators and More Pets Shenanigans.

To keep the animals safe in the heat, the normal show is canceled and instead becomes a sort of "behind the scenes" training session with the animals. What this means is that trainers will come out and explain the processes by which they train their animals, and even demonstrate some of the training process. Some of the animals they bring out to train have never been in front of an audience before. Seeing how the animals learn the behaviors that they perform onstage is really fascinating.

After the "training session," the trainers take some time to bring some of their animals around the audience and let them pose for pictures. It's a great chance to get up-close to the animals and really appreciate them, which is a bit more difficult during a normal show.

Here's a picture I snapped of the grey wolves while they posed for a photo during a "training session". They are beautiful. I will try to post some more pictures soon.
[instagram=https://instagram.com/p/6ShsBikQJw/]

So, next time you visit BGW on an abnormally hot day (temperatures in the 90's), be sure to check out both of the park's animal shows. It's a different experience from what the shows usually are, and it feels like a more pure and personal way to appreciate the animals. I loved it.

Saw this the same day I saw Celtic Fyre and All For One, wonderful animal show that deserves a long run in the park. :)

I was looking at the park website and apparently the show is now called: "Howl to Coexist". Yeah, I'm going to have to get used to the new name. :-/

The show is thankfully still the same with some small differences.

Should this thread be retired since Howl To Coexist is now here?

Or is it the same exact show with a different name change?

Reactions: Lord Robert
jornor said:
Should this thread be retired since Howl To Coexist is now here?

Or is it the same exact show with a different name change?
There were some small changes but for all practical purposes they are the same.

Reactions: jornor
I haven't had a chance to see the full show yet. The only time I saw it Diane, the Harris Hawk flew into the trees. They waited for a while before deciding to cancel the show. Also, they were playing the same walkout music.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad