Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
What's the story with the roaming chainsaw horde? Are they actually all over the park?
They have showed up only in SideShow, Fools Court, and Axe Alley. It seems to be different times every night though. Again, I think they aren't doing it in every territory because they are just testing it out. That or I just haven't seen or heard of them being elsewhere. They all are dressed as different character though. One looked kinda like a Lumberhack person, one was a generic clown and one was the old chicken clown person (The one that looks like a short clown riding a chicken). I like the small scenes.

Frostbite- Very strong first part, but the emptiness kills any chance of being a good maze. This is probably the biggest disappointment for me given the opportunity they had and the space being totally gutted.

Demented Dimensions- I've done this maze three times now and I just can't. Good sets can't make a maze by themselves and there's nothing hinting at what you're doing there.

Vault XX- Slightly better than Dimensions because there's a link between all the rooms, but not that much.

Overall, for being a big refresh year, only one impressive new maze is pretty underwhelming for me. I'm honestly not going to bother doing again this year.

I can say with the upmost confidence that inside Demented Dimensions they use the Alice: Madness Returns soundtrack, specifically Vale of Tears, in side of course the Alice in Wonderland room. Surprised but not Surprised they're using music from that game, as Madness Returns (and the original American McGee's Alice) are dark twists on the classic story. Also despite being actually a Bad Game, its my favorite game to go back to.

And Over in Oktoberfest I was able to pick out specifically All Around Me by Flyleaf, which is an odd choice considering that is most definitely a Christian band and that song is about Jesus, even if it doesn't sound like it. (Still a good song tho. Took me back to high school.) They also had some rock version of Careless Whisper, which I think is the Seether version. But I'm not 100% sure on that. But also like... what is the point of having Careless Whisper without the saxophones.

They got rid of the music they used to play in Oktoberfest, which makes me sad. It was my favorite HOS soundtrack in the park. It also included Cry Little Sister from Lost Boys.

BTW, How Soon is Now was originally a Smiths song.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ooh i noticed when i went on saturday that they were playing howl by florence and the machine, which i kinda freaked out about because that’s been on my halloween playlist for months

now they just need to start playing seven devils by florence as well, that’s arguably a much more halloween-y song by her haha

Reactions: The Quist
Cry Little Sister is like my halloween anthem. I loved when they would play that.

If they are spicing up the music they need to add "Blood" by In This Moment.

For us it's always been a favorite to grab a drink and sit around Oktoberfest listening to the music and people watching. The good ol ghillie suit days were the best.

Do they still hire as the event goes on or something? Why do people always say there will be more actors later in october?

I got a chance to make it up there last night since "opening night". Much improved, had an awesome time. Frostbite is still god awful though...like for real. Vault and Dystopia had some of the best scares of the night for me.

My whole group had a really fun time and even got a surprise ride with a coaster creeper. I wasn't that thrilled about the idea when it was first announced, but after riding with one I see why it's kinda cool. It was a surprise, we felt special, he stayed in character THE ENTIRE RIDE, and it made for a great photo:
coastercreepers.jpg

Do the riders converse and such? What did he talk about?
Yes, he hopped on, introduced himself as the prior owner of circo sinistro, how he gave up the circus to his brother or something. He learned our names and conversed the entire ride. Such as "this is the part where we all scream". Or around the bank over the water, "and everyone lean left". It was very silly and I loved every minute of it! His "amor" rode with the group sitting in front of us, during the brake run she yelled "are you still back there mi amor?"

Last edited:
I wonder how the coaster creeper cast operates. Is there a designated team of scare actors for each specific attraction? Are they just actors from a nearby scare zone being temporarily "rewarded" for a job well done? How often does an actor actually ride?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad