How Many HOS Attractions Will There Be In 2010 Compared To 2009?

• Less

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Same

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • More

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Merboy said:
10, 11, 12 or so, fine. But when I hear "family-friendly" I think "this is something I can take my 4-year-old to see" but many of the elements of that maze were not something I'd show a 4yo.

I'd agree its not family-friendly - but its impossible or very close to it to design a maze that would work for kids younger than age 9. Honestly, when I look at Busch Gardens Parks, I don't see a park where you can bring a 7 and below year old kid and have them enjoy it. The main attractions at BGW are the roller coasters. The only exceptions to this are Cruse of DarKastle, Europe in the Air, and the Sesame Street Area.

Wings said:
Merboy said:
10, 11, 12 or so, fine. But when I hear "family-friendly" I think "this is something I can take my 4-year-old to see" but many of the elements of that maze were not something I'd show a 4yo.

I'd agree its not family-friendly - but its impossible or very close to it to design a maze that would work for kids younger than age 9. Honestly, when I look at Busch Gardens Parks, I don't see a park where you can bring a 7 and below year old kid and have them enjoy it. The main attractions at BGW are the roller coasters. The only exceptions to this are Cruse of DarKastle, Europe in the Air, and the Sesame Street Area.
Yeah, I first went in The Wicked Woods when I was about to turn 11, that was my first maze. It didn't bother me at all, because I knew it was all just pretend. :)

Wings said:
Merboy said:

I have to disagree with the age thing. I have been going to the park since I was 2 and have loved it ever since. I have had much younger siblings enjoy the parks as well. The Land of the Dragons area is all that you need at that age, all I needed at least. To a kid a 4 story playground is heaven. not to mention all the other rides in that area. Other attractions are the little ballons and gliders in Da Vinci's Gardens, the bumper cars, swings, and planes in Oktoberfest, Elephant run in Festa, the Lil' Clydes' in Scotland, and the entire Forest of Fun area in Italy. Not to mention Le scoot, Pompeii, Roman Rapids and all of the flat rides also suitable for children less than 48" tall.

Also, I don't think that any good theme park will rest their pride on kiddie rides.( I don't know of many Toddlers that buy their own pass)

I don't know..but Howl O Scream is my very favorite part of the year! I am already looking forward to it. I think they really need to focus on the scare zones, also. I didn't really get scared last year but was excited to go through because of the descriptions on the website. They have ALOT of potential. IMO the werewolf thing has been done to death! Coming out of Bitten, I was so pumped for what was to come next..then..nothing. They need to totally redo Werewolves or whatever that maze was. I LOVED the deadtime stories idea. Was really creepy..

I'm the same way. Summer is good, Christmas time is better, but Howl-O-Scream is the best. Perfect weather, all of the leaves changing color, thrills by day, chills by night. Doesn't get better than that.

taylorzladii said:
I don't know..but Howl O Scream is my very favorite part of the year! I am already looking forward to it. I think they really need to focus on the scare zones, also. I didn't really get scared last year but was excited to go through because of the descriptions on the website. They have ALOT of potential. IMO the werewolf thing has been done to death! Coming out of Bitten, I was so pumped for what was to come next..then..nothing. They need to totally redo Werewolves or whatever that maze was. I LOVED the deadtime stories idea. Was really creepy..
I agree! Last year I was so excited because of the descriptions on the website, but I didn't get much scared except for the haunted house by Corkscrew Hill [can't think of the name!]. I really liked the one in 2008, too, The Never After.. that was super scary. Also that weird leaf creature that came out, what was he, like 10 feet tall on stilts?
They need to bring all that back this year!

Swiftman said:
I'm the same way. Summer is good, Christmas time is better, but Howl-O-Scream is the best. Perfect weather, all of the leaves changing color, thrills by day, chills by night. Doesn't get better than that.
Same here! :shy:

I cannot wait to find out whats going on. I'm getting married in Oct..so I was thinking of taking my honeymoon down in tampa JUST FOR the howl-o-scream there! Hardcore, huh? ha.

I just went to the park today, and they had added some new stuff by the train!
There are speaker rocks, and some dog houses with speakers in them!
I can't that they're already setting up!

Okay, I might be completely off, but when I was on he train the other day, it looked like they were setting up even more props for this Howl-O-Scream. I go on the train every time I'm there, which is every weekend since I'm right down the road from the park, and this was definitely new stuff. As I mentioned in an earlier post, there are dog houses with speakers in them, and then speaker rocks, and they're close to the train track. Well this time, there were even more speakers a little farther back, and this mobile home sort of thing, with a fence around it, and a porch light on. It was definitely too small to be some kind of conference room, but big enough to be a prop. To me, it seems to look like about six, seven, eight, years back, when they did the super scary haunted train, the props and all. Remember the hill billies? I heard several people on the train talking about how it looked like it was for Howl-O-Scream too! Exciiittiiinnggg. I'll try and take a pic when I go back.

I don't want the haunted train to come back. In my opinion, it was never that good and it made the park extremely crowded (everyone had to walk). The "new" things you are seeing are most likely things that are being taken out of the building or are being held there temporarily to go to other places in the park. They wouldn't be getting things this early in the year.

Swiftman said:
I don't want the haunted train to come back. In my opinion, it was never that good and it made the park extremely crowded (everyone had to walk). The "new" things you are seeing are most likely things that are being taken out of the building or are being held there temporarily to go to other places in the park. They wouldn't be getting things this early in the year.

Really? I loved the haunted train.
I don't think so, I don't know what else it would be for.
The dog houses, the speakers, the mobile home... Those were all props that have been apart of the haunted train.
They're in the direct part of where the props usually were, they wouldn't put storage items in the viewing of others, right next to the train track.

matthews.alison1@yahoo.com said:
Ya same here, can't wait! I checked the site and Tampa has a new rock concert theme up.. so i hope that means Williamsburg will put the information up too. i hope :)

I know, I saw that! That looks really cool.
I hope they do put it up soon!

ErinDawn said:
and they're close to the train track. Well this time, there were even more speakers a little farther back, and this mobile home sort of thing, with a fence around it, and a porch light on. It was definitely too small to be some kind of conference room, but big enough to be a prop. To me, it seems to look like about six, seven, eight, years back, when they did the super scary haunted train, the props and all. Remember the hill billies? I heard several people on the train talking about how it looked like it was for Howl-O-Scream too! Exciiittiiinnggg. I'll try and take a pic when I go back.

The Mobile Home thing in the back with the fence around it is being used for the bands when they have the concerts in that area that started june 6 and run through aug 22

cschartz1 said:
ErinDawn said:
and they're close to the train track. Well this time, there were even more speakers a little farther back, and this mobile home sort of thing, with a fence around it, and a porch light on. It was definitely too small to be some kind of conference room, but big enough to be a prop. To me, it seems to look like about six, seven, eight, years back, when they did the super scary haunted train, the props and all. Remember the hill billies? I heard several people on the train talking about how it looked like it was for Howl-O-Scream too! Exciiittiiinnggg. I'll try and take a pic when I go back.

The Mobile Home thing in the back with the fence around it is being used for the bands when they have the concerts in that area that started june 6 and run through aug 22
I'm not talking about the Drachen Fire place though, I know the stage is for that, it was something else back in the woods, it's gone now though, so it's probably not what I was thinking.
But they still have rocks with the speakers in them out, and a few other things nearby.

Yes, it's almost my time of year again. This is going to be great - I can't wait for the new website to debut. We may be looking at an entirely new Howl-O-Scream this year. New Website, BG owned by a new company, great things, or maybe even bad things :dodgy: may occur.

Wings said:
Yes, it's almost my time of year again. This is going to be great - I can't wait for the new website to debut. We may be looking at an entirely new Howl-O-Scream this year. New Website, BG owned by a new company, great things, or maybe even bad things :dodgy: may occur.

Yeah, I guess now HOS is a cousin of HHN. I'm sure that, like always, the Tampa HOS will get the most attention since it competes with the other FL parks, but I also have high hopes for our HOS. I wouldn't mind if they shut down EITA and put a house in there again this season.

LoveDoc143 said:
BGT has a Rock'nRoll theme going this year. Just out of curiosity, if you could create a Howl-O-Scream theme for the BGW, what would YOU choose it to be?

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. :D

I think that a theme like Halloween Horror Nights has would be really cool.
With the haunted houses and scare zones based on movies, that would be awesome.
I really hope they do it up this year! :D

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad