Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
That explains the scare actors I saw Friday in surprising costumes! I thought I saw someone from MoM.

I've been meaning to say how great the paths were on Friday. I was doing the scavenger hunt, so I didn't go into the houses, but the scare zones were amazing. There were monsters everywhere, and they were really working hard to terrify the guests. The lighting and fog were great as well.

To be honest, I was kinda disappointed that I was there for a game, and didn't have much time to focus on the Haunt experience.

What do you guys think is the least scary maze this year, and maybe rank them from scariest to least scariest. I'm going with a few friends and I want to know which maze to start out with.

Reactions: jornor
That is a really subjective question. It largely depends on what you find the most frightening.

Are highly themed mazes more effective for you? Or like me, do you find more intensity in “black box” (for lack of a better word) houses?

Do you prefer jump scares? Stalkers? Grisley images? Paranormal themes?

How much do atmospherics like lighting and sound effects influence your experience?

Obviously, Tollway Terror is the least scary, but it is barely a house. But among the normal mazes, I would rank Cornstalkers as the mildest experience. I doubt that is a universal opinion, however.

I’d attempt to rank them, but I have found that the houses vary noticeably from night to night.

Reactions: jornor and MAZ
Nicole said:
Obviously, Tollway Terror is the least scary, but it is barely a house.  But among the normal mazes, I would rank Cornstalkers as the mildest experience.  I doubt that is a universal opinion, however.

I find Tollway Terror to be quite thrilling when I'm nearly falling asleep, driving in the dark. I tend to save this one for the end of the night, when I'm nice and tired. I don't really even steer. I just push the gas and let it go. It's like an old Geisterbahn (ghost ride).

Again, Cornstalkers is one that I save for when I am tired and can allow myself to be vulnerable to scares.

My favorite for scary this year has to be leading the pack through Blackout. Best atmosphere goes to blood on The bayou. All subject to change during my visit tomorrow.

Reactions: jornor and wombat96
Nicole said:
I’d attempt to rank them, but I have found that the houses vary noticeably from night to night.

They sure do - of the 13 Haunt nights this year (thus far) I've been there over half of those (and 2 or 3 this weekend), and the staffing at the mazes does seem to vary a lot.

In my experience, Blackout isn't at all scary or interesting, from one try last year and one this year. Maybe if you're female or in a group you get some attention from whoever is in there. The best jump scares are scarezones/roaming, followed by Zombie High, Lockdown, No Vacancy, Cornstalkers, Trick or Treat in decreasing order or likelihood. The most visually interesting are Blood On the Bayou, trick, no vacancy. I haven't done the key rooms but wandered into the witch house at Feary Tales a moment and it did look amazing.

Got through all of the mazes tonight in three hours. Up and down night performance wise, but a great night all in all. My favorite for the night goes to Cornstalkers hands down. Jonathan the Juggler's fire tossing act was very entertaining. I can't believe I'm saying it, but Blue Ridge Tollway was better than I've ever experienced and was a high point in our visit tonight. . (Thick fog may have intensified this one) My 'least' scary experience tonight was Blood on the Bayou. Such a cool atmosphere, but there was didly going on in there. Probably my last visit for Haunt this year, but I always look forward to this event, and it never truly let me down this year as it has in the past. Bwaaaahahahahaaaaa.

Attachments

• IMG_2845.JPG
    IMG_2845.JPG
    993.9 KB · Views: 23
bill s said:
I haven't done the key rooms but wandered into the witch house at Feary Tales a moment and it did look amazing.

So are those rooms still decked out? Are they officially open for people to explore? That would be awesome if so.

We went through the Skeleton Key rooms last night. As in the past, I would recommend against getting the Fright Lane primarily for these experiences. They make an interesting add-on, however.

Not wanting to spoil them, I'll provide a general assessment.

KD has replaced the previous set of kiosks with five identical buildings, scattered around the park in the scare zones. Each is themed to a sin.

There was a challenge in each room. Once you had solved the puzzle, answered the questions, or completed the tasks, you could escape the monster in the room.

Most were fairly easy. For me the vanity and lust rooms were probably the best.

I did enjoy interacting with the scare actors in the rooms, as well. I was going to highlight the best performances, but honestly, they were all really clever and creepy.

Reactions: jornor and jeffh
Hearing another big fight broke out tonight right around the start of haunt.. Can anyone confirm anything about it,or was there when it happened? Here Its way over crowded also.. Wouldn't doubt it with the bad weather expected tomorrow and last weekend of operation for the year..

Kd2016 said:
Hearing another big fight broke out tonight right around the start of haunt..  Can anyone confirm anything about it,or was there when it happened? Here Its way over crowded also.. Wouldn't  doubt it with the bad weather expected tomorrow and last weekend of operation for the year..

I got there right at 7pm and there were no disturbances anywhere near me, it was so crowded just about everywhere. Really big lines for all mazes but they kept them moving quickly - the only drawback to that was there there were not really many pauses at a maze entrance before letting another group in, so for the few mazes I was able to walk through it was pretty much one steady line of people. But the weather is perfect tonight.

CastleOSullivan said:
bill s said:
I haven't done the key rooms but wandered into the witch house at Feary Tales a moment and it did look amazing.

So are those rooms still decked out? Are they officially open for people to explore? That would be awesome if so.

This was last year and I entered it without even knowing what it was. There might be some moments the entrance is unguarded and you're not getting the full experience anyway but it was mostly luck, although them allowing a glimpse would probably sell more tickets.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad