Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Interesting that they've decided to replace blackout with blood on the bayou and relocate blackout to the former doll factory location..
Link: https://www.kingsdominion.com/play/haunt/attractions-mazes
They also decided primevil won't be returning and it seems nothing will be replacing it either..

It appears there will be five all-new Skeleton Key rooms this year, each taking the form of a mini Escape Room. Like last year, each Skeleton Key room will take place exclusively in the scare zones so as not to congest the mazes. As has been rumored, each room is themed to one of five of the Seven Deadly Sins:
- "Break the Bank" (Greed) - IronWorx
- "Feeding Fatty" (Gluttony) - Necropolis
- "Frozen" (Envy) - The Lair
- "Lip Service" (Lust) - Cleaver Brothers Carnival
- "Mirror, Mirror" (Pride) - Feary Tales

And now for some photo updates, as provided by the park.
[instagram=https://www.instagram.com/p/BY6ViFMD5D9/]
Cleaver Brothers Carnival is back in town! Although I hope that clown's left hand gets some TLC.

[instagram=https://www.instagram.com/p/BY6HKdOjcsy/]
Stacks of bones suspended on what looks like some sort of trellis. I wonder if these guys have been reused from PrimEvil?

[instagram=https://www.instagram.com/p/BZCRdVejukT/]
I really like this somewhat subtle addition to the landscaping.

Haunt starts in just over a week!

Really looking forward to what people think of the new skeleton rooms. I think it's a pretty cool idea to make them more like escape rooms. Mix things up a bit that hopefully adds a little more excitement to the rooms. Very interested to see how they turn out.

Reactions: jornor and Nicole
So some of the props for Haunt are up already, and they finally have some that scare me and fill me with dread.

I put spoiler tags because they might make people sick.

cKx30tO.jpg

HWGDRFE.jpg

D0Y1zKk.jpg

hE1QS9s.jpg

These are terrifying and know they will be up for Haunt gives me a put in my stomach.

Seriously, the park put them up too early and will seriously clash with Haunt.  The park can make up for this by putting evil Xmas creatures near by.  However, I doubt they will for they don't want to confuse people regarding the event.

• Haha
Reactions: Pantheon and jornor
Good lord. If it weren't bad enough seeing Christmas stuff in the stores already. This event is over a year away, WTF? Definitely going to clash with Haunt...

Reactions: jornor
For anyone who's interested, the park has released the 2017 Haunt map.

It definitely does look strange seeing no attractions in PrimEvil's and Urgent Scare's locations; the haunts seem lopsided towards the west side of the park. Of course, since the advertised number of monsters in 2017 is the same as previous years, the elimination of these two attractions means the remaining ones should benefit from the addition of more robust staffing.

Also, for what it's worth, the back of the map erroneously states that Blood on the Bayou is located in the former Doll Factory building and that Blackout is still behind Windseeker. Oops!

Eh, PrimEvil was always the "Bleh" Scare Zone anyways. Is strange though.

Urgent Scare? Yeah, That needed to die. It didn't deserve MoM's name anyways TBH.

You know what I want to see? I want to see a Regional Theme parks make Larger 1 time investments every 10 years or so on their Halloween Attractions.

It's one thing to have a crap maze for 6-8 years, But if it's going to be fundamentally flawed, it could at least look good, and have plenty of props to recycle, Have multiple planned layouts/Themes to explore when built.

Not saying this hasn't happened on KD's end, Very impressed with their mazes lately.

Reactions: jornor and Mushroom
Mushroom said:
For anyone who's interested, the park has released the 2017 Haunt map.

Also, for what it's worth, the back of the map erroneously states that Blood on the Bayou is located in the former Doll Factory building and that Blackout is still behind Windseeker. Oops!

Yeah, the actually map has those mazes in the correct location but the actual description has them flip-flopped. Good thing that people really don't read much these days....Being that the only maze on the west side of the park is Lockdown, I wonder how the lines will be?

I wonder if the park will be super packed for opening night this Saturday

^ Saturdays are usually packed and I'm suprised that they aren't opening on Friday night like they used to in the past. Usually the first weekend isn't the best so I don't want to waste my time in a long line, guess I'll have to go next friday then.

pickles said:
^ Saturdays are usually packed and I'm suprised that they aren't opening on Friday night like they used to in the past. Usually the first weekend isn't the best so I don't want to waste my time in a long line, guess I'll have to go next friday then.

Weather is supposed to be great so I think it will be packed Saturday... I'll be there both nights.

Wondering which character will be pushing around the shopping cart - there used to be a creepy old lady, but for the last couple years there's been the "helloooo" guy with the air horn, fun to watch him surprise people as they walk out of Cornstalkers.

jeffh said:
I'll be there both nights.

Just so you know, Kings Dominion is closed on Sunday, September 24 for a private event. Saturday is the only night for Haunt this weekend.

Reactions: jornor and Zachary
Mushroom said:
jeffh said:
I'll be there both nights.

Just so you know, Kings Dominion is closed on Sunday, September 24 for a private event. Saturday is the only night for Haunt this weekend.

Right - I meant Saturday and the next Friday as was mentioned in the post before mine... I always prefer Fridays anyway, far fewer people than Saturdays and I wish opening night was tonight, oh well.

Looking forward to reviews from those attending Haunt tonight. Definitely wanna see if Bayou continues the trend of new mazes stepping up in design, whether the new skeleton house format works, and if Tollway Terror is still a piece of crap.

Hopefully we'll be right on our predictions that losing a house and scare zone will result in better staffing across the other mazes and scare zones.

A huge brawl broke out in Cleaver Brothers tonight. Eyewitnesses reported to us that around 50 people were involved. When park security and cops tried to intervene, the mob started beating up security. In the aftermath, the scarezone was completely cleared of actors, Drop Tower's and Eiffel Tower's floodlights turned on, and all fog machines were turned off. Normal operations resumed about 20 or 30 minutes after the area was cleared by security.

People we talked to in the area at the time described being nearly trampled as hordes of guests tried to escape the fighting. Right now we are unsure if any uninvolved guests, actors, or security were hurt. Outside the front of the park was glowing blue from a huge collection of police cars on-site to handle the brawlers. Picture of some of the aftermath out front:

[tweet=https://twitter.com/KDFansOnline/status/911782853523984384]

Screw all of those people in the brawl. Are you freaking kidding me? Living in a damn society here, people. Start acting like it.

Really hope employees, security, guests, and police are fine. Glad to hear the KDFans group was not in the area at the time and you guys are safe. To anyone else on this board that were at the park tonight, I hope you all are safe as well.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad