Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Here you go some more Magical BEEastly's are taking over HMCMBA.
These pics are courtesy of ParkStop Orlando and my friend Alicia Stella, glad this is my 2nd week staying at Disney
get your epi pens ready. I remember a certain Griffon at HOS one year with hornets or wasp at the drop. I believe that was in 2013 and first time I met @Nicole and had an awesome time, we had our own personal scare actor.
But yeah I have heard they are now also finding honey bee nest in the drop areas, and since honey bees are extinct it is taking several bee keepers to get them to relocate them. I will check next week if it is doing better I know at one point they had I believe 8 or 9 trains running now down to 6 Bees-690x460.jpg 71107901_10158968044289358_1785564114223890432_o.jpg 72139356_10158968044099358_5463239327255363584_o.jpg 72139356_10158968044099358_5463239327255363584_o.jpg

Best family coaster I've ever ridden and everything Gringotts should've been and then some.

Launches are smooth as hell.
Freefall isn't as intense as Verbolten's but its really nice to have
Nice little airtime in the rocking launch.
Theming is pretty damn impressive
The queue line, while long, is still pretty bearable. The park always overestimates the wait times so lines are never nearly as bad as they're posted.

Motorbike seat is the best place to sit, but I can see it becoming rough if Uni doesn't maintain the ride well.
Sidecar is alright but a little uncomfortable.

I had trouble deciding if I preferred Hagrid as the better family coaster or Mummy. Both are equally great in their own right. Easy top 20 for sure

Reactions: Mushroom
I don’t have any specific details yet but an incident occurred on the ride earlier today causing the park to close it at 3 pm. And because of the large crowds in town for Thanksgiving holiday the park is extending hours tonight.

ETA: This showed up on the Universal Mobile App this afternoon...

CC0A8D06-66F2-4093-ABC8-B6FD0A4FC7E1.jpeg

Last edited:
This looks pretty normal to me. They have been closing the line off at 4pm pretty much everyday already with signs at both the front of the park and near the ride saying "Hagrids will be closing early today" I guess some people's definition of early didnt match Universal's so they started giving a specific time now.

^Actually I just heard from my friend that works there and he said it didn’t open at all today! ??‍♂️

^Actually I just heard from my friend that works there and he said it didn’t open at all today! ??‍♂️

Social media disagrees.

Did a search and saw tweets from the day in question (yesterday at this point) where people were complaining about standing in line three hours and then the ride broke down.

A few things...

First off, @Nicole and I got our second and third rides on Hagrid's this morning and it's every bit as enjoyable as it was over the summer. It's still just as smooth as it was when it opened too. Definitely less forceful than Verbolten, but it has to be the best family coaster ever built regardless. It just does basically everything perfectly.

The ride opened about 30 minutes late today due to technical difficulties and, on our first ride, we got a rollback. Not only was that an incredibly cool thing to experience firsthand, but it was also a crazy thing to see happen to the other trains around us—all of them having nearly concurrent rollbacks forced. After just a minute or two, the trains all around the circuit began to launch in sequence and soon we were completed our ride. Unfortunately, after the rollback, the audio on our train completely died. Because of this, the Hagrid ops let our whole train reride. Hence, @Nicole's and my third lap on Hagrid.

It also gave us a chance to switch seats so we could try bike vs. sidecar back to back. Particularly when you bend forward and hold onto the handle bars, the bike is the better side. That said, the sidecar has its perks too—namely that you're almost always closer to big theming elements and whatnot. I'll never be disappointed to have either seat—but both are definitely worth trying.

Last edited:
I rode this ride earlier this week, and I would definitely say it’s now my favorite family coaster. Every part of the ride is beautiful, but my favorite part is launching into the castle. I loved the motorcycle side, but felt kind of squished in on the sidecar side, since my legs were too long.

All of the animatronics looked fantastic, but I found the Fluffy one to be the least impressive, motion-wise. While I would love to stare at that one a bit longer, I guess I can see why they leave people there for such a short time.

Nighttime on that ride is perhaps even more fascinating than in the day, with all the colorful lighting. On my second and last ride, they stopped my train in front of the unicorns for about one minute, and I saw the baby unicorn kick his hind leg! That was probably the cutest/coolest detail on the entire ride.

Overall, Hagrid’s was my favorite experience in all of Universal, and I can’t wait to ride it again!

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
So, after slowly breaking in (with some hiccups) it appears Universal and Intamin have a good, fairly reliable product. The incident @Zachary described sounds as though the Intamin software works very well. Maybe they've gotten past the "reputation" so many say about Intamin.

So, after slowly breaking in (with some hiccups) it appears Universal and Intamin have a good, fairly reliable product. The incident @Zachary described sounds as though the Intamin software works very well. Maybe they've gotten past the "reputation" so many say about Intamin.

Watching the ride fault and then resume normal operations nearly hiccup-free within minutes and without additional downtime after the fact was truly beautiful. I've never seen anything like it before. Yeah, it's a complex Intamin multi-launch coaster so it's definitely issue-prone, but never have I seen any attraction recover so gracefully and quickly from something like that.

You know how it's sometimes even more impressive when something goes wrong with a performance and the actor/musician/comedian/gymnast/whatever saves the whole thing from going off the rails by improving a solution? That was my experience on Hagrid's today. It's an amazing experience when everything works, but it's almost even cooler to see how well it copes with issues.

Pretty vague - curious if it was the coaster, scenery/theming, or something not particularly related to the ride but in the vicinity?

I imagine Universal isn't particularly interested in sharing these details.

Maybe not, but then again they weren't particularly interested in divulging the shocking electrical problem at Volcano Bay neither.

Reactions: Zachary
Still under investigation but the word I'm getting is that this was caused by a possible lightning strike. The Orlando area has been having crazy lightning strikes all week. One of my friends was stuck at work Sunday at Mall at Millenia due to the heavy downpour and lightning.

This is what they had to deal with trying to leave...

F984AF38-8D86-453B-971D-C07C4C6A8D1A.jpeg
The blue dot is Mall at Millenia. Universal Orlando is just a couple miles west of there.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad