Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 9, 2010
Hey Everyone. SEAs announced the new CEO, Gustavo Antorcha. Full article:

Finally! An official CEO and John T. Reilly staying with SEAS as Chief Operating Officer, sweet! It seems Gustavo did really well with Carnival (despite being a cruise ship company) so I have some hopes that he can somehow manage to turn SEAS around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf33
Gustavo did amazing with Carnival, and they made some HUGE growth with him. He's a firm believer in 'spend money to make money' and 'carpe diem'. It sounds like to me they wanted him for some time and he's been talking with them a little while to push the fast rollout!

Gustavo did amazing with Carnival, and they made some HUGE growth with him. He's a firm believer in 'spend money to make money' and 'carpe diem'. It sounds like to me they wanted him for some time and he's been talking with them a little while to push the fast rollout!

That's a good sign that the company may have wanted him due to his work ethic and I must ask: didn't he work for Carnival when it was going through so many problems with the company and brand? If so then whatever he did must've helped them immeasurably.

That's a good sign that the company may have wanted him due to his work ethic and I must ask: didn't he work for Carnival when it was going through so many problems with the company and brand? If so then whatever he did must've helped them immeasurably.
IIRC he started with them when it was at it's lowest.

Reactions: Lord Robert
Finally! An official CEO and John T. Reilly staying with SEAS as Chief Operating Officer, sweet! It seems Gustavo did really well with Carnival (despite being a cruise ship company) so I have some hopes that he can somehow manage to turn SEAS around.

John Reilly already turned SEAS around . . .

^Way too early to say that. We as enthusiasts can say we like the direction Reilly has started moving the parks' investments, but the modest financial successes the company has had this past year are most likely largely still a result of Manby's policies.

I think the company made the right choice in choosing a proactive, proven fixer-upper businessman over even the most experienced theme park veteran at this point.

The past two CEOs before Reilly either made things worse or hardly did much. I don't believe Manby did anything really to help, other than make PR-based decisions like ending the Orca breeding or doing tons of cut backs and stunting the growth IMO.

Reilly was the one who brought actual investment into the company to grow the company and shift the GPs focus and perception of the company.

^Way too early to say that. We as enthusiasts can say we like the direction Reilly has started moving the parks' investments, but the modest financial successes the company has had this past year are most likely largely still a result of Manby's policies.

I think the company made the right choice in choosing a proactive, proven fixer-upper businessman over even the most experienced theme park veteran at this point.

Very much agree with you. Super happy about the first 9 months of 2018, but I'm still worried about Q4. Its the one quarter they had consistent numbers to compare, too. Not to mention, SWSD's rent payments have tracked very closely with the quarterly growth thus far, and in November, that rent payment was down compared to last year. I know one park isn't indicative of the entire company, but it corresponded very closely throughout the year. We will see in just a few short weeks.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad