Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 30, 2018
I know a large portion of the track has been redone including the turnaround after the first drop, some (if not all) of the track in the tunnel, and the hill over the tunnel. I have no idea if it'll be ready for opening day or not.
Thats some of its worst spots, so this is good news.

May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
There wasn't that much re-tracking - or at least not as much as I anticipated. The tunnel was still hell to put it nicely. The turnaround after the first drop looked like it only had the top 1-2 layers of wood replaced and it only spanned half of the turn. The tunnel looked to be about the same with only a few layers redone- but I didn't get that good of a look. The turnaround by the station again was the same, and the major retracking was seen at the bunny hill after the turn which did ride quite nice. There was very minimal retracking for the other lower turn around and I did not notice much else. But riding was still like being on a bucking bronco.

May 14, 2019
There wasn't that much re-tracking - or at least not as much as I anticipated. The tunnel was still hell to put it nicely. The turnaround after the first drop looked like it only had the top 1-2 layers of wood replaced and it only spanned half of the turn. The tunnel looked to be about the same with only a few layers redone- but I didn't get that good of a look. The turnaround by the station again was the same, and the major retracking was seen at the bunny hill after the turn which did ride quite nice. There was very minimal retracking for the other lower turn around and I did not notice much else. But riding was still like being on a bucking bronco.
the maintenance team was watching the ride very closely today, probably seeing if their job worked well and that they can move onto doing more of the track soon.

Apr 22, 2019
I thought Grizzly was awesome. But I liked it before too. I *think* it’s a bit faster and the new sections smooth it out a bit, but not overboard. I’m happy they didn’t neuter it. It’s still nuts. I love it.

Reactions: belsaas
Mar 18, 2017
^^--SFA's PTC train seats are just a bit wider, I think it's the weird seat divider which has an opening through it, but is more uncomfortable if you're thrown into it.

Jul 5, 2017
I wish they would just widen the trains by like...4 inches. I'm not even that big (260 and shrinking!) and it's too small for me.

Feel that there's nothing like that moment of resistance when you actually sit down in a PTC train. Rode Phoenix for the first time in 2018 and had to squeeze my fat ass into that seat. Still worth every bit of that drive though.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Yeah, so they may have slightly retracked some sections, however I dunno if it's me or if the ride had become even rougher - jackhammered halfway around the layout, especially right before the tunnel turnaround. Not pleasant at all.

JAD

Feb 13, 2020
DONT quote me on this... but... I think I found a sweet spot when I rode it last Saturday second car first row didn’t really feel any roughness except for in the tunnel but it wasn’t that bad and the air time was good but you will still get whiplash from the turnaround

Reactions: Pompeiiboy
Jul 5, 2017
Did they shrink the seatbelts on this?? I had no issues when I was bigger a couple years ago and even fit more comfortably in the seat than before but the seatbelt was just too short to get the click it was in the flap and the teenager made me walk……never expected to get walked from a PTC train 20 pounds lighter than the last time I rode one…..

• Sad
Reactions: Zachary and Nibbins
Login or Register to Hide This Ad