Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Carowinds and Kings Island are good contenders. But after seeing how this coaster could look next to BAK and shoreline pier right in the front of park it really makes sense. It fits so well and would be incredibly eye catching for guests walking in. If they can make those adjustments, it’s pretty obvious that this park is the best fit. Park is under performing, needs another coaster from removals, in the rebuilding phase, flat land, no trees, no major infrastructure to be removed, it all adds up to a major advantage compared to other parks. If they don’t have another major coaster planned yet after BAK, I think great adventure would be most likely to receive this! We are potentially looking at another major coaster announcement this year and it’s pretty exciting!
This is very bold of me saying this because I know this is a Great Adventure form, but saying that Great Adventure is the best fit is an EXTREMELY bold statement. I’m telling you 4 reasons why I don’t THINK, key word think, you can say GA is the best candidate:

#1 - GA is not underperforming at all; someone with numbers can back me up here, but I believe Carowinds is actually underperforming the most, with KI performing the best.

#2 - Unlike KI and Carowinds, GA has received a coaster in both 2021, 2025, and 2026. Coaster planning tends to start 3-5 years out, which means nothing is final, and things can be shifted easily; for example, Tormenta was supposedly for Carowinds, and Bak was supposedly for KI.

#3 - You all are sorta forgetting something here, and that is electrical Bak has a shit ton of electrical components surrounding and beneath the ride. And if I’m correct based on the POV, that ride would be hauling through an electrical building. The chance of the ride going under a 382ft tower is like 0.000000001% just being realistic here….

#4 - I know Colin said something about it earlier, but the theme is not meant for a beach; at the end of the day, you could probably make a case for whatever Colin said, but it’s just such a stretch. I don’t see in any world that they would’ve agreed to keep the name if the coaster was going to GA when they have 2 themed lands that fit the ride perfectly.

Takeaways: DO NOT HATE ME, GA FANS, but consider what I said and understand that we legitimately have no clue which of the 3 parks is getting it. I think that if it’s going to GA, it’s going nowhere near Shoreline Pier, and that’s my personal opinion. We still have no clue where it’s going, and we’re still at the point in time where you just cannot say a park is the best fit. It fits best a ga for its own unique reasons just as it fits best Carow for its own unique reasons; same for KI.
 
Last edited:
While I do agree with your main point, Imma nitpick slightly: I'm not sure one can confidently say gadv ISN'T underperforming, or whether they would be in the near future, and therefore whether that spespifically is a factor in if gadv gets AFO.

I'd also need real, concrete numbers for attendance which I don't think have been published since 2019 (other than the "wrapped" parody stories I think for SOME of the parks, which didn't include gadv but honestly may further support carowinds underperforming (that, or new england/superman is actually vastly over preforming and no one talks abt it, lol)), but a lot of people's accounts (though possibly exaggerated to some extent) seemed to point towards gadv having relatively (for them at least) awful attendance and general "vibes" all throughout 2025 which would make sense considering the green, 456 elephant in the room, though a) there was an overall struggle/decrease/lull across the chain due to continuing economic trends which would have played a roll here, and b) the park was, and still is, in a transitional period. Smart leadership (assuming benefit of the doubt for great adventure's for a sec) would recognize that as long as there is a good chance of upward trajectory, lulls in transitional periods like this should be expected and that recovery happens in stages. Furthermore, we don't know the effect that Bakunawa is going to have on gadv. We can guess, look up any roller coaster related hashtags on insta or tiktok and maybe half the videos have bakunawa footage, but we won't know until at least 2027.

Basically, gadv (and current "preformance") is probably a little more complicated of a factor than it would be for Kings island or Carowinds. Maybe it is underpreforming. Maybe that matters, maybe it doesn't. And maybe proving your main point even further, we're probably not going to know until after the choice is made, if at all without some real numbers or proof if anyone has that lol.
 
This is very bold of me saying this because I know this is a Great Adventure form, but saying that Great Adventure is the best fit is an EXTREMELY bold statement. I’m telling you 4 reasons why I don’t THINK, key word think, you can say GA is the best candidate:

#1 - GA is not underperforming at all; someone with numbers can back me up here, but I believe Carowinds is actually underperforming the most, with KI performing the best.

#2 - Unlike KI and Carowinds, GA has received a coaster in both 2021, 2025, and 2026. Coaster planning tends to start 3-5 years out, which means nothing is final, and things can be shifted easily; for example, Tormenta was supposedly for Carowinds, and Bak was supposedly for KI.

#3 - You all are sorta forgetting something here, and that is electrical Bak has a shit ton of electrical components surrounding and beneath the ride. And if I’m correct based on the POV, that ride would be hauling through an electrical building. The chance of the ride going under a 382ft tower is like 0.000000001% just being realistic here….

#4 - I know Colin said something about it earlier, but the theme is not meant for a beach; at the end of the day, you could probably make a case for whatever Colin said, but it’s just such a stretch. I don’t see in any world that they would’ve agreed to keep the name if the coaster was going to GA when they have 2 themed lands that fit the ride perfectly.

Takeaways: DO NOT HATE ME, GA FANS, but consider what I said and understand that we legitimately have no clue which of the 3 parks is getting it. I think that if it’s going to GA, it’s going nowhere near Shoreline Pier, and that’s my personal opinion. We still have no clue where it’s going, and we’re still at the point in time where you just cannot say a park is the best fit. It fits best a ga for its own unique reasons just as it fits best Carow for its own unique reasons; same for KI.

So..It does not bother me that you’re very passionate about this coaster going to Carowinds and you are welcome to express your views even on the great adventure page. Collin made a great video about its potential placement. At Carowinds, he mentioned awkward entrance placements, long pathways to build, interfering with park entrances, potential hurler removal, and maintenance buildings in the way. If you’ll would agree with his assessment, it does seem there are challenges. Perhaps you have solutions or other possible layouts to suggest. SF prob would have to make some adjustments regardless of what park it goes. I still hold onto my views and we will see what lucky park receives it😀.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad