Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Details are threadbare at the moment, but it looks like Kings Dominion is celebrating the Grand Carousel's 100th Anniversary on the weekend of April 29 - 30!

Kings Dominion said:
2017_Carousell100_LM.jpg

Help us celebrate the 100th anniversary of our Grand Carousel, originally built in 1917 and restored in 1975.
Check back for more details.

I'll update this thread as more updates become available, but I'm thrilled to see that Kings Dominion's oldest and perhaps most beautiful attraction is getting the recognition it deserves.

The Carousel's anniversary celebration was excellent. To be honest, I was blown away by how much fanfare the park put together to celebrate their piece of history.

Fortunately, I was able to record the entire presentation! There were remarks by Vice President & General Manager Gary Chadwick, local radio legend Lou Dean, and industry icon and Kings Dominion's first Vice President & General Manager Dennis Speigel.

The ceremony was not only highly informative about the ride's incredible history, but it was also surprisingly heartwarming. I highly recommend taking the time to watch the ceremony. It's worth it.

I just love pretty much anything Philadelphia Toboggan Co. produced! My childhood park (Lake Winnepesaukah outside Chattanooga, TN) has a PTC carousel, too (AWA an out-and-back PTC woodie).

Great job, KD, of honoring and celebrating your magnificent carousel!

Reactions: RollyCoaster
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad