Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
There used to be additional games and Roto Baron, the kiddie planes, were located in that area. Specifically in 1987, 1988, and 1989, that I know of.

Land of the Dragons did have dirt excavator sandbox play area, before being removed. Perhaps you remember that?

Reactions: jornor
The Land of Dragons area did have the excavator sandbox even back when it was Grimm's Hollow. The dinosaurs were the Dinomation show that travels around. It was in a tent on the old Glissade concrete pad. The Kiddie rides mentioned were back there and butted up to the Glissade area. Most of the time the Glissade pad was a lay down area for stuff.

greengiant said:
The Land of Dragons area did have the excavator sandbox even back when it was Grimm's Hollow. The dinosaurs were the Dinomation show that travels around. It was in a tent on the old Glissade concrete pad. The Kiddie rides mentioned were back there and butted up to the Glissade area. Most of the time the Glissade pad was a lay down area for stuff.

I knew the dinosaurs weren't permanent, thanks!!

Reactions: jornor
Well this really sucks. Glissade is going to be scrapped with no chance of final rides. I wish I had made it down to Selva Mágica—I’ve always been really intrigued by the Schwarzkopf Jumbo Jet model—plus, BGW history. RIP Glissade. ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm curious if by end of service life it was a parts issue or if the track was literally falling apart from fatigue (and hopefully not negligence)?

I could definitely see parts issues and fatigue(or high maintenance costs because of the two). The ride was around 45 years old, built by a manufacturer that isn't around anymore and has operated in a couple of different climates. Definitely sad that a piece of history is gone without warning though.

Glad I was able to ride this as a kid in the 80s, though honestly I remember essentially nothing about the experience. Few Jet Star 3s were delivered in the first place, and most are difficult to find anymore for US-based fans. Some scrapped, some in storage, etc.

I rode and liked this coaster at BGW a long time ago. I was really bummed when they took it out. It was fun and unique. I also remember liking Die Wildkatze and not being happy when they took that out too.

• Sad
Reactions: Zachary
My parents always raved about Glissade. They mentioned the glow of the lights off in the distance of Oktoberfest going up the sprial lift as it faded into twilight, zooming around in the bobsled shaped vehicles, and careening through the highly banked turns. It really is a shame that the spot of Glissade is once again vacant with no sudden plans to change this.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad