Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
As much as I hate to bring the topic back up, after @Zachary attempted a redirect...

I want to point out that the critical data point people seem to have overlooked is that Il Teatro is a dining venue (like DFH). Just as it was inappropriate to put Fiends in DFH, where people stop for dinner, so to it would be inappropriate (in my opinion) to put an overtly religious show like Gloria in the San Marco heated dining area.

All that said, I also really like the Rudolph idea, and am a bit surprised the park hasn't already done it.
Nailed it in one. It's hard enough to find a table there as is bring a big draw item there and you more or less lose Marco Polo as a viable restaurant which would be a big loss in my opinion.

Last edited:
How was fiends not "appropriate" doesnt HOS have an age limit? (recommended) lol. Christmas Town does not

How was fiends not "appropriate" doesnt HOS have an age limit? (recommended) lol. Christmas Town does not

It does have a RECOMMEND age limit. Just because it has an age limit doesn't make it appropriate. I have found the show more and more worrisome every year. I can't imagine how the park false to see th potential issues and get rid of it before it blows up in their faces. I go ONE time each year to see if anything has been done to at least marginally improve it snd the addition of the female vampire was the first sign that I have seen that park even knows that there are issues.

I really like @Applesauce 's & @Zachary 's idea, and I think I got a 'next level' to it:
Put 'LoveSac' bean bag chairs up on the stage. They can be as small as 2 or big as 6 person seats. A 'VIP' area for the film. Better yet (from a SEAS perspective) they could charge a per person rate for the seats. Make use of an area that would be just sitting there if you take a video to Il Teatro.

Actually the more I think about it the more I really love this idea.

And I actually love the music of "Gift of Harmony" so in a way to keep it around, I would go with a smaller group an make it a travelling a capella vocal group.

Last edited:
And I actually love the music of "Gift of Harmony" so in a way to keep it around, I would go with a smaller group an make it a travelling a capella vocal group.

This wouldn't be a bad idea. It's a lot easier to sing in tune if you are close to each other and singing toward each other. That's why choir risers are parabolic.

This wouldn't be a bad idea. It's a lot easier to sing in tune if you are close to each other and singing toward each other. That's why choir risers are parabolic.

Yea. They could either use the 3 point shot area and set up some audio equipment, or my other thought this morning: Put mics on them and pump it through the speakers in the Festa area, but let them move around and be visible in different spots with a small traveling speaker setup.

Another variation of the Rudolph idea for Il Teatro.

It could be part live action, part movie. For the songs and dialogue, use live performers. For action scenes, switch to film.

As a further alternative, they could create a "new" show. If they have the licensing for other RB shows, besides Rudolph, and the creative talent, they could weave together songs and characters from several RB specials (such as Heat Miser along with Rudolph) into an original story with a combination of live action and movie for the action scenes.

Reactions: Zachary
Oooookay....

As for Gift of Harmony, I feel bad for the performers. I was there a little over a week ago, and the poor girl was about half a beat off and a little flat. Sounded like something for her feedback wasn’t working. It’s a shame because I think it’s a good cast, they play the cheese factor really well.

Reactions: KJM10
There's a distinct air of hostility in this thread that I don't really understand. I apologized already for my part in it, but it is continuing. Can we just agree to get back on topic?

Does anyone know what type of monitor/feedback system they're using in the show?

There's a distinct air of hostility in this thread that I don't really understand. I apologized already for my part in it, but it is continuing. Can we just agree to get back on topic?

Does anyone know what type of monitor/feedback system they're using in the show?

I’m gonna straight up guess that it’s an in ear unit. Usually you don’t use monitor feedback outdoors.

I’m gonna straight up guess that it’s an in ear unit. Usually you don’t use monitor feedback outdoors.

That would be my assumption as well. Assuming it's functioning as intended (which who knows), I don't know that you could do anything better than that to help the performers out. Some good news is the 10 day forecast doesn't look too bitterly cold

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad