Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Giardino Magico (2010 to Present)

Pole dancing is very much a large part of this show, but because she is not in skimpy clothes it doesn't come across as inappropriate. Also, the goofy farmer just really changes the tone of the show, but to me it is so so. Honestly the pole work done isn't too much more amazing as the other talents they've had.

My youngest daughter is three years old and has something of an unhealthy obsession with the "pretty girls," which is her name for the two young acrobats in the 2012 Giardino Magico show. Imagine a two-year-old standing by a Garden of Invention hedgerow, arms crossed in a silent act of civil disobedience, glaring at the stage after the show as if to make the acrobats reappear by sheer force of will. We must have seen that show 5 times over the span of 3 days.

Since someone here will know... are the "pretty girls" back this year? It seems that the pole show is on, but by any chance does the Giardino Magico talent rotate from hour to hour or day to day? If not, then I'd assume that the "pretty girls" are out...

I seen the show on the 4th and it had one male and one female this year show nothing like last years....

No, the girls are not returning. The taller girl is now a part of Entwined and Killarney Komotion. The pole show is a married couple who are former Cirque de Soleil performers and they do an awesome job. Basically it is a gardener falling for a butterfly. Cute show!

Reactions: Julia and halfabee

I saw this show last night and for once I felt the magic of Illuminights. The folks are very talented and perform some pretty difficult looking tricks. There was a bit of dance and an actual story line that made sense in a "garden" theme.

I did not find it risque at all. The outfits made her look magical and much like a butterfly; it was obvious what she was supposed to represent. As for the tightness of her clothes.. this is obviously required to do what she does. The last thing an acrobat needs is part of a costume catching on something and causing them to both to fall.

I saw it for the first time last night with Nora and I must say, this show embodies everything that IllumiNights should be- a few extremely talented performers doing something that you can't see anywhere else. Giardino Magico is literally the polar opposite of Killarney Kommotion in every way possible and it's absolutely superb. I'm editing my video of it now. Expect it sometime today.

I saw it for the first time Friday with Cody & Peter. I forget to mention what I thought here. I enjoyed it very much. I especially like the butterfly costume. I agree with Nora & Zachary's statements. BTW, as usual, it is much better when it is dark. Full on light effect!!

This is THE place to be for any spark of MAGIC in the park. Well, maybe Ireland's rainbow bridge; but you have to ride the sky bucket for that. :p

I also forgot to post some decent pictures. Guess I will later this evening.

Reactions: Julia and Planeteer

chickenking said:
Well, maybe Ireland's rainbow bridge; but you have to ride the sky bucket for that. :p

I also forgot to post some decent pictures. Guess I will later this evening.

Doing that will put you within hearing and sight range of killarney kommotion. Yuck!:p

I just saw the show, and I just thought it was spectacular! I liked last years version, but the one thing I thought was missing, was a storyline. Even if it is a very simple one like this one, that's all it needed. A "butterfly" and a farmer fall in love, and the "butterfly" teaches the farmer the majesty, and magic of dancing. I think IMO that this is probably the best show Scott has ever created, that plays in the regular season, and the sad thing is that it is only a side-show. Also, it took him 4 YEARS to perfect it, but I'm just glad that there is finally a perfect show under Scott's name.

Zachary said:
From what I can tell, Scott had nothing to do with this show- just for the record.

I didn't have the guts to say it, but this^. From what I heard this was the only show that Phil Raybourn had anything to do with, as far as Illuminights is concerned.
I still don't understand why he isn't vice president of entertainment. To me it seems like an obvious match.

After being somewhat unenthusiastic about KK (and kinda upset at no giant fairy), my daughter and I finally made it over to catch this wonderful little show. Afterwards, the performers were gracious enough to pose with us:

Attachments

• Giardino Magico - butterfly 1.JPG
    Giardino Magico - butterfly 1.JPG
    855.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Giardino Magico - butterfly & farmer pose.JPG
    Giardino Magico - butterfly & farmer pose.JPG
    882.4 KB · Views: 41

This is just the type of entertainment that should be in each of the hamlets at BGW during IllumiNights. In fact BGW could add several shows like this. I think it would bring in many more visitors wanting to spend the evening with quality entertainment, food, music and fireworks. I wonder that the cost was for KK? I bet they could have added more shows that are unique and special for the same price.

Eric M

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad