Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So it would seem. KD could be a world class location if they made use of the hundreds of acres of land they own. and stopped removing things without plans to replace them.

While I sort of agree about the land use, it's also understandable that it's incredibly expensive to build new park sections when there's already existing sections that could use refurbishment and enhancement. Coupled with the average attendance figures and it's unlikely they'd see such expansion as a prudent option.

However, fwiw, most of the attractions they've removed were from the Paramount era where they brought in several unproven concept rides that weren't up to operational standards... Except maybe Volcano since a rumor is it was demolished due to using a 3rd party for parts and/or controls, so Intamin refused to work on it or charged far more than the park/CF estimated they'd get in return; cheaper to replace than fix.

Anywho... So what were the favorite food/beverage pairings?

While I sort of agree about the land use, it's also understandable that it's incredibly expensive to build new park sections when there's already existing sections that could use refurbishment and enhancement. Coupled with the average attendance figures and it's unlikely they'd see such expansion as a prudent option.

However, fwiw, most of the attractions they've removed were from the Paramount era where they brought in several unproven concept rides that weren't up to operational standards... Except maybe Volcano since a rumor is it was demolished due to using a 3rd party for parts and/or controls, so Intamin refused to work on it or charged far more than the park/CF estimated they'd get in return; cheaper to replace than fix.

Anywho... So what were the favorite food/beverage pairings?
The smartest thing CF could ever do (in my imagination) Is to delay their recently announced $200M / yr investment plan by one year and invest all $200M into KD for next year. Move the water park all to the south of Racer, move the staff buildings up front to the other side of the RR tracks, behind the staff housing for international workers/ the KOA campground) reclaim that space in the main park to build great attractions at the volcano spot, the front where the staff buildings are, the Dinos Alive area, and the vacated water ride spots, In addition to a killer roller coaster, lean into the year round open thing and add several dark rides and indoor attractions (with heat!) THEN the next year they can kick off the plan to improve the rest of the parks. Sounds good right?!? (in my dreams, of course)

Reactions: bwick29
I’ve done extensive wine touring in Virginia, and there are some very good wines and some undrinkable bottles. In my personal experience, Virginia has the best wines on the East Coast. KD had a surprisingly range of vineyards and varietals, and some were pretty good.

Honestly I think they should take this concept and use it for the winter ops. Use the ride lineup they were using adapt based on demand and run Flights and Bites every winter allowing Virginia breweries and wineries to reach a bigger audience. Also use more than Victorias.

What is the food menu for this event now that it is beer instead of wine, or is it the same? I'm planning to go on Sunday, so I'll find out then, but does anyone know already?

I’ve done extensive wine touring in Virginia, and there are some very good wines and some undrinkable bottles. In my personal experience, Virginia has the best wines on the East Coast. KD had a surprisingly range of vineyards and varietals, and some were pretty good.
Don't sleep on the Upstate NY Wines. Hit or miss like most east-coast, but there are some gems.

Although we didn't try the wine either of the past two weekends, the beer selection is decent (not as good as Brauhaus used to be in it's pre-covid prime), the games are a great touch, the goat cheese was solid, the jazz band was great, and my favorite bartender in the park was working both times. Aside from Victoria Gardens needing a massive overhaul, it was a great way to take a quick break from our 4yr old screaming in Planet Snoopy and our 1yr old screaming, well, everywhere.

Reactions: outhikn
I didn't end up going on Sunday. Way too cold. I'm curious what the food menu is for the beer flights & bites event? I might go solo this coming weekend and find out. Maybe more likely if I knew the food at the event was appealing.

I think it was charcuterie with varying cheese options, 3 different types of cheesy/topped bread, and pretzel and cheese. I feel like I'm forgetting an option though. We enjoyed the charcuterie tray with goat cheese but it was a tiny bit small. I guess that's expected when they can cost a fair amount to make. I've also heard people raving about the bread but haven't tried it yet.

They've also combined it so you can have wine or beer instead of it being alternating weekends.

I think it was charcuterie with varying cheese options, 3 different types of cheesy/topped bread, and pretzel and cheese. I feel like I'm forgetting an option though. We enjoyed the charcuterie tray with goat cheese but it was a tiny bit small. I guess that's expected when they can cost a fair amount to make. I've also heard people raving about the bread but haven't tried it yet.

They've also combined it so you can have wine or beer instead of it being alternating weekends.

By pretzels do you mean hot soft pretzels, or cold hard pretzels?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad