Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 5, 2014
So, I feel that the general consensus is that, out of all the hamlets, Festa Italia without doubt is the one that needs to most attention in regards to theme and upgrading. However, what if France was given a new flat ride/attraction?

Everyone focuses on the huge rollercoaster additions that a park could possibly do, but, not much attention seems to given to the idea/possibilities of flat/dark/vertical rides for the park.

If viewing the park from the current Google maps; it is shown that the area between Le Aeronaut and the exit building for Griffin is somewhat wooded, but, available for expansion. * Is this area unable to be developed because of that pipeline?

Anyways, if it was open for expansion.

What do you guys feel about building a new ride in that area?

In keeping the theme about the mythical Griffin attacking a quaint provincial, French village...the village has introduced a weapon to use against the beast.... Le Trebuchet.

The park could build on additionally the the exit queue bulding of Griffin to accomodate a second ride exit and give the appearance of a battlement. To ease traffic flow to the ride, the park could create a separate walkways that goes around Le Aeronaut.  I think it would be cool to build a large addition to both the exit queue of Griffin and Le Aeronaut, where all three buldings could become one.

I think adding a thrilling ride, that is well-themed and complimentary to the other attractions, would cost-effective and allow the park money to spend on other things( Festa Italia renovation, Germany train station and more animal interaction/showcase.)

The type of ride I could envision is shown on the following link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmoFAdyWHWo

RE: a ride for France? possible?

The pipeline is on the other side of the railroad tracks. There is a lot of topography and a sewage lift station there though.

hmm....well! back to the drawing board....so...where exactly in the park, is there area left to expand? as far as i can tell...Festhaus Park seems to the be the only large tract of land, other than the area behind San Marco/Festa, where the "off hours" stables are located. Not sure they can develop that plot of land, because, the animals needs area to graze. Soo........unless some trees start getting cut..or some of the older rides get phases out and replaced...I dont see much area for expansion.

I realize Scott needs the space to hide dead bodies... I mean props, but the old DF area behind Bolt is ripe for a ride: it has mechanicals, land, and the like left over from DF!

I really like this idea. Also the extended queue for Griffon poses some possibilities for re-purposing. The park really doesn't use it anymore from my observations, or maybe I don't go when the park is busy.

They don't use that area anymore, they've taken out the queue separating poles. I think the last time it was used might have been 2012.

I am almost certain the extended queue's space couldn't be repurposed for a ride. It is very narrow and pushed right up against the final brake run for Griffon. Not only would it be nearly impossible to safely fit a ride there, I think it would look crowded and be hard to access. It's a weird issue with Aquitaine because its design simply doesn't allow for rides other than Griffon/Le Mans's spot.

Reactions: wombat96
is it possible to build on the area between Le Aeronaut and the station/ exit queue for Griffin?

The only spot in France that's feasible for a flat would be the Royal Palace Theater. The rest of the area is pretty much landlocked. Griffon/skyride take up about half the space and the gift shops/Royal Palace take up the other half.

I'm not the biggest fan of the RPT as a concert venue. While the lighting and sound systems are already built in, I hate having to leave the park to get a ticket to see the concert and then have to stand in line to enter a concert venue with no guarantees of entering based on crowds. That's pretty much why I prefer the Festhaus Park over the RPT for concerts.

Reactions: Hoopla and wombat96
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad